What now?

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know y’all won’t believe me, but I’ve been playing a lot of sit & go’s lately both heads up and full ring and cashed pretty much every time. I also played in a huge tournament (about 600 players) last night and cashed. Feels like I need a new challenge. Higher cash games?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you tried making it to a final table of an mtt and/or winning an mtt?

I'd try to do that consistently before moving up in stakes.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you tried making it to a final table of an mtt and/or winning an mtt?

I'd try to do that consistently before moving up in stakes.

Thanks. Cashed several times, but never got to a final table

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are right, I don't believe you.

If you are having that much success, why wouldn't you want to keep tapping that well.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Man, if you're earning a lot of money in tournaments, it's still like that and it's interspersed with other tournaments.
But don't stop playing Sit Gos if you're winning.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games and tournaments are very different. In my opinion, these are two radically different directions. Be careful. If you have good results in tournaments, then it is better to keep playing them.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Murph1969. I believe you. Sometimes we get on a roll like that, and like CallmeFloppy said, why would you stop playing them? If you are going to quit them, what is your plan? GL all

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As of two weeks ago you were bleeding money in your own words in cash games (Thread below). You sure you want to go back to them? If you found success at a type of game I would stay in that type if game continue the success within and then move up to higher buy in within that game.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/please-help-486403/

If you are playing for fun and not money then yes go ahead and play whatever makes you happy.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As of two weeks ago you were bleeding money in your own words in cash games (Thread below). You sure you want to go back to them? If you found success at a type of game I would stay in that type if game continue the success within and then move up to higher buy in within that game.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/please-help-486403/

If you are playing for fun and not money then yes go ahead and play whatever makes you happy.

I have found success at cash games as well. I can sum up poker strategy in four words:

Starting hand selection
Aggression

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's been a few days since I replied to your tread, and I'm wondering if you made the move up. I hope not. Keep going on as you are now. Moving up to higher stakes is a mistake many players make. I have and I learned the lesson the hard way. Like losing all my BR in a short time, and it's really hard to start over. Matter of fact, it made me want to stop playing at all. HL to you

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I don't believe it. What do you want to say if that is the case? Do you want me to praise you?