What was the longest that you ever played in a tournament?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played about 6 hours in the tournament. It's a long time for me, so I like playing Sit & Go or turbo-tournaments.

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played in tournaments than 10 hours because I like tournaments slow.
the more tournaments are faster the lower the chance of winning.
You need to have a lot of patience , otherwise you have not to play in tournaments

Yep slower is better. Also longer. Much much much much much longer LOL. Played 12+ hours once and yeah felt sick. 5 minute breaks are barely long enough to get to the bathroom and back never mind clear your head. I'll do it again soon though haha!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello all...i was wondering about your highest time for a tournament ...
yesterday i played about 6 hours and i feel sick
good luck to all

18 hours live.

Not good to get sick. You are not drinking enough fluids and what did you eat that whole time? Just potato chips?

On breaks you should get up and move around.

Good luck !

jamie Smith

jamie Smith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I managed to ship a $1,10 MTT back in july, that took 6.4 hours from start to finish... it was long but i could have gone longer, I also managed to cook tea in that time as well.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually between 6 and 8 hours to get a good placement this in a very normal daily grind routine

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Choose the number of tournaments that will give you a sense of pleasure! When you overload the brain with the number of tournaments, the quality is lost!

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My longest tourney was in the ChampionChips of 888. It was a deep stack tourney and it lasted 9 hours. I finished it around 6 o'clock in the morning. I was bushed, but I was happy because of this result:
2LK7a.jpg

Altough, I have to admit, that I fell asleep some during the game and waked up, when I had 3 blinds left with 77. :eek:
But somehow I managed to come back. :D

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Over 7 hours,half an year ago-razz world champ.

I

ilucha228

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My longest tournament lasted 8 hours. When I flew off of him, I was very upset

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3.5 hours was my tournament. I seriously did not approach this yet.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, my biggest tournament was almost 7 hours, a free tournament with 15000 people and luckily I finished among the best 3. But it was very long and I ended up with a very tired sight and just wanted to sleep hahaha .. Greetings

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Went 13 hours once, and every time I make it to the end of an ACR late reg period I get flashbacks.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine is about 8.5 hours. Feel horrendous when this is overnight and then sometimes have work in the morning!

Anki_KB

Anki_KB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my longest tournament lasted only 6hrs and 10 minutes. There was 10 000 participants in it (the old pokerschool freeroll, the one before the league)Ofc i won that one! :)

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now most of my tournaments are 2-3 hours because that's about how long I can last mentally but the longest one I've played has been about 5 hours.

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My longest tournament was 6 hours! during this time I watched two films and ate twice))))

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have done about 14 hours. That was exhausting. The payout was nice.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And obviously this is referring to total tournament length as opposed to sessions which can go on a lot longer! Also some of the ones that I have played have started as a satellite that have run straight into the tournament with the satellite being a few hours. A break would be nice sometimes.

interbul1908

interbul1908

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Tonight I played the longest tournament of as I am playing poker. A freeroll tournament in pokerstars with 3739 participants. I played 5 hours and 15 minutes and finished in 6th place.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer turbo tournament , but when it comes to long tournament , the longest tournament i ve played was a 8 hours long and i finished 2nd .

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t remember for a long time that I wasn’t at the final tables, but when I was at the final table it’s over 7 hours of play and it’s really hard.

zippaya

zippaya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was one tournament I played that last for about 6 hours, but there was also a time when I played longer, ie. two Freeroll tournaments in a row and some cash games. I don't have much time during the day to play as long, but it happens.

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
when it is possible to go very far with levels of 10 minutes, then about 8 hours.