What Limits Should I play?

O

OGslikrick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still grinding on the same deposit. I have been playing 3 to 5 days a week lately but still can't seem to find my edge. I will run bad in cash games, take a couple of days off then bink a small tournament to break even. Or the opposite will happen where I can't cash in a tournament but I make a little in cash games.

Should I take this as a break even stretch or still learning period? I was really hoping to be making a withdraw by now lol. Any advice?

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should first determine whether you're a cash game player, sng, or mtt. find your niche and stick with it to build your br. you should be consistently beating the games. if you're a cash game player, play at the lowest level and grind. if you're a sng or mtt player, same thing, start grinding at the lowest levels and play freerolls if you can. i initially deposited 50 and build it up to over 300 in a few months by grinding. i soon figured out that i need to learn how to play online cash games (4nl) and that my niche is $1 sngs and $1-2 mtts. you can do it too. be patient, continue learning, don't freak if you happen to be on a losing streak and simply take a break for a couple days, and keep grinding until you're consistently beating that level.

O

OGslikrick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should first determine whether you're a cash game player, sng, or mtt. find your niche and stick with it to build your br. you should be consistently beating the games. if you're a cash game player, play at the lowest level and grind. if you're a sng or mtt player, same thing, start grinding at the lowest levels and play freerolls if you can. i initially deposited 50 and build it up to over 300 in a few months by grinding. i soon figured out that i need to learn how to play online cash games (4nl) and that my niche is $1 sngs and $1-2 mtts. you can do it too. be patient, continue learning, don't freak if you happen to be on a losing streak and simply take a break for a couple days, and keep grinding until you're consistently beating that level.

Good advice, I really do need to remember to take a day or two off. I find myself just playing for a couple of hours on the days I'm suppose to not play as if I'm cheating on myself. After I do take a couple of days off I usually crush my first day back. So I know I need to do it.

O

OGslikrick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just found this awesome website for any Bovada Mac user that read this. Pokeit.com You can import your Bovada hand history and it uses a web browser so Mac users can review hands. Its not as good as all the other programs out there but it works.

The only down side is my work is now slacking at my job due to hand reviewing :)

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $40 BR, play the lowest limit available. You want to last long and have to

create many buyins with that amount.

Goodluck...