What hands should i always play preflop?

J

Jonny737

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I once heard that "u Show ur poker greatness only with the hands u fold not the played once " but what do u think Are the hands u definatly have to play especialy preflop:)?

Jhon Lozano

Jhon Lozano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you play Poker you realize that there are "junk" hands that, when playing, you could only lose chips; The best you can do is to avoid them, these hands are usually a pair of cards that do not connect at all, waiting for a better hand, is what you should do.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on stack, blinds and position.

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
72 I am always fold that hand,ni matter of flop.Once i catch two pairs on flop with 72 and guy raise me ,i push all and he show two kings.In the end i lose with my two pairs,guys catch second pair on river.But i am not be angry.I am deserve to lose with that official worst hand in poker.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this depends on the cards and the position

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ are hard to fold pré-flop, but like they already said, there is no general rule in poker, depends on the situation

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once heard that "u Show ur poker greatness only with the hands u fold not the played once " but what do u think Are the hands u definatly have to play especialy preflop:)?

From myself, I can only write: if you play a cash game, then pocket pairs and high cards up to J. play here.
If these tournaments are micro, then the older pocket pairs up to J. Are still very much dependent on the number and professionalism of the opponents.
If it's freerolls, then the style of the game is very different from all other games, in the initial stage of the tournament, it's dangerous to play with any card, a lot of opponents of allies with a dead hand, and can win the river!

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Monster hand , speculate hand Ak AQ AJ any pair and if you stay in this mind you will upgrade your game. So if a raise came before you talk after the flop and you have and amsmall pair just fold. Dont call if you dont have it.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It also depends on type of game you are playing. For example if you are playing some satellite and its bubble time and you have safe stack, you fold everything icluding AA, cause there is no point to play anymore hands and eventually lose ticket. In standard situations, playing ranges depends on your position, opponents, your stack and other factors. There is no one "ultimate" answer for that :)

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK This is without a doubt the best starting hands in limited hold'em and without limits. Even intuitively, you can guess that with these hands you should raise and reraise pre-flop.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always remember that poker is a positional game. Find out about Premium starting hands and play these, modified for each position you find yourself sitting at.

S

sarniack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to the forum, but I have already seen this question asked twice and sadly in both threads there are a lot of misconceptions and false advice or some vague answers that "it depends on many things"... Of course it depends, it is not chess, it is poker ;) (I am not saying that chess is easier, but it is a solvable game)

You shouldn't be thinking about "good" or "bad" hands, like some people here suggested by writing lists of "good" hands. Of course, everybody loves to get aces as it is the best hand to have preflop, but the information that this is "good" hand to open is sadly totally worthless. Instead of thinking in good/bad hands category, you should be thinking about ranges. This is because opening only premium hands is easily exploitable. That's why it is important to have balanced range.

I wrote a post about that in the other thread (you will find charts for preflop charts):

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/what-best-starting-hands-323583/post-3630747.html

S

sierra reed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
72 I am always fold that hand,ni matter of flop.Once i catch two pairs on flop with 72 and guy raise me ,i push all and he show two kings.In the end i lose with my two pairs,guys catch second pair on river.But i am not be angry.I am deserve to lose with that official worst hand in poker.

LOL. I find that a hand I almost NEVER win on is 10 5, I only play it suited. Another hand that isn't great but seems to win a lot for me is 6 9, so i usually call that, unless somebody has gone all in. I find that most times I fold 6 9 I end up disappointed as it usually would have won

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA only.
sometimes you need to fold KK, so if always ...AA only.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Surefire hands you have to play preflop are pocket pairs, AK, AQ, KQ, K10 and Q10 suited.

These hands I feel give the best chances flopping and also making a hand .

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello it's true you can not always see the flop with hands like AK, it's true that it's a strong hand but there are times when nuerto rival hits a low card and we win the hand, that's why I always try to go with no hands Very strong but speculative that the flop may improve and if they do not improve on the flop you may have to see the turn to see if it is really worth going with hands like that, such as 9 10o, 7 5s, and hands like that. The style, eye this I do when I am the big stack at the table and I can see several hands without affecting my stack a lot. I hope you serve luck on the tables.

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hight pairs like 1010, JJ, QQ, KK, AA and suited 10 whit other high next to it. Depending on stacks as well would play with close suited numbers like 56, 67 for example

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reraise from opponent of your 3xBet says about that he have monster-hand, and if you call him and hit the flop, which happens a lot of times, you gonna beautifully undress opponent with his AA, KK or QQ. Keep in mind that best hand against AA is 56suited. So wharever cards you had, last word saying board.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on position, the closer to the button you are, the more hands you want to play. But regardless of position, you want to call, raise and reraise with AA, KK, QQ, maybe AK, call one bet with AQ, JJ, 1010, 99, 88, maybe AJ suited.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When thinking about poker, the words always & never should be avoided.
All decisions are situational, position, stack size, position, type of game or tourney, position, blinds & antes, position, your knowledge of other players involved in hand, position, how close to the money in tourneys or how close to pay jumps if already in the money, position, just to name a few.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing what hands to play comes with experience. You quickly learn what you can play or not. Learn with play money chips and you'll see what you can play or not.

S

sarniack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing what hands to play comes with experience. You quickly learn what you can play or not. Learn with play money chips and you'll see what you can play or not.

With all the respect, this is like one of the worst advice that you can give to anybody... Preflop strategy (unlike postflop) can be very specific, learned for different spots, especially your opening ranges (and this is what successful poker players study a lot). Your advice is to just play without any starting point, ignoring the fact that preflop game can be learned much more easily than any other street.

Play money is probably the worst place to learn ranges as well as typically there is a lot of limping. Lets say that 5 people limped and you are on the button. You get 6.5:1 odds which is like crazy good price to call with almost any holding... Learning on play money without solid fundamentals will only make you learning bad passive poker most of the time.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
10+ pairs plus ,AK and AD.I also like K9 very much and always play it.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, pocket 10s through to 8s. PLaying these hands preflop vary base open raises, 3 bets, 4 bets, play images at the table etc. But these hands are good to go preflop most of the times

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands