What to do when you Flop a House?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I check and let my opponent(s) try to catch something.

Then they will likely bet into me and I'm calling.

But it's still very likely they don't like the board.

Can they catch a flush? That would be strong and maybe pay me more.

Good luck !

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation, you should not rush to raise rates much. You should carefully pull the chips of your opponents ' stack and then make a decisive hit on the river.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got your bait into the ocean, you are the shark now, only need to be steady and wait for fish to catch, after that you rip her and eat those delicious tasty meat and your belly is full. In this situation even the shark can shredded into pieces by the monster octopus with pocket rockets, buts that not happens to often, so be prepared for your well deserved supper.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very situational, but it is acceptable to slowplay in a spot like this, because you are unlikely to get outdrawn. 99-KK has 2 outs to a better boat, and AX has 1 out to split the pot. That is not enough to warrent fast playing "for protection".

That being said you can certainly also bet for value, but you should lean towards a somewhat smaller size. You really don’t want to scare away a flushdraw, since it is drawing dead. But there are hands here, that can call a bet. Even though you block both AX and 8X, they can still have it, and a pocket pair is typically also paying at least one bet.

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like most people said, play is slow to extract as much value as you can. You can lose a lot by betting heavy and getting everyone to fold, but it also depends on what the pre-flop betting was like, if someone else came in hot, I'd be tempted to push it to make them come over the top.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I take it easy, want to get value from other players. You are a BIG favorite to win so no need to rush.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends and it's definitely situational as stated above. Slow playing obviously has merits but advanced players can pick up on that also. You can fish for bets while checking and never end up getting one. Strange as it seems... you can sometimes bet a hand like that pretty strong and get action from advanced players that would never put you on a made flop like that in certain situations. Getting a feel for other player's style of play at the table is a big help. Not always an easy thing with so many new faces passing through the games online. Especially in tournaments with big fields. In cash games you see more of the same faces more often. Know your players if you can.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on if u were aggressor or opponent was aggressor and board texture.

I.e. if you have TT and board is T99, that is a lot different than you have 9T and board is TT9.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will check or call the flop and the turn. But will all in on the river.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends from previous action and who is my opponent. Generally I prefer bet than check. Reason is I want to build a pot and still can get call 3 times from worse hand on micro limits than get 2 streets of value.
There are hands who will give you action. Ax will call, flush draws will call, some pairs can call, 8x will call or raise, some floats can call.
Slowplaying would be good if I know my opponent is crazy vs missed bets.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually wait for a raise from the opponent. I make calls a, then raise at the end.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very difficult to analyze a hand with an image, to be able to open what is the best way to play it the first thing is the position you have, know what the action was in the pre-flop and then the information of the villain, say that play that hand slowly It is complicated because you can lose value if it was a single limper that is on the table, making a bet on the flop depends on the factors mentioned above to know what is the ideal size to get more value from the hand. without knowing the action of the pre-flop it is impossible to say how that hand would be played