What criteria are used to mark fish, sharks, etc.

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
My question is, what criteria are used to refer to fish, sharks, etc.?
For example, I see how a player behaves when he plays at my table, or there is such an opportunity to monitor the game and determine which cards are on the table and who showed how they performed in this situation.
I am interested in your opinion on what colors and how to separate the grains from the pleats in general.
I will be very glad if experienced players share their skills in this matter.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
The first thing I notice is their bet sizing. If it deviates from the standard then I ask myself why. It’s usually because new players don’t know what they don’t know and they will make lots of mistakes in their sizing. How to get better at this: study standard sizing sand if you deviate from this, which we will as good players, we will have a good reason to. Good luck!

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A "fish" is a term used to describe a weaker, less-skilled player. They tend to make mistakes, play too many hands, and often lack a strong understanding of poker strategy. Common traits of fish include calling too many bets, overvaluing weak hands, and being prone to making blunders. A "shark" is the opposite of a fish. Sharks are highly skilled and experienced players who excel at poker strategy. They have a deep understanding of the game, are adept at reading opponents, and can adapt their strategy as needed. Sharks are usually the most formidable opponents at the table.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My question is, what criteria are used to refer to fish, sharks, etc.?
For example, I see how a player behaves when he plays at my table, or there is such an opportunity to monitor the game and determine which cards are on the table and who showed how they performed in this situation.
I am interested in your opinion on what colors and how to separate the grains from the pleats in general.
I will be very glad if experienced players share their skills in this matter.
It is best when tagging players to use the terms tag- lag- loose Nit rather than fish or shark- Our tags should indicate our V's ranges at a glance- We would then use other terms like Tight passive Loose passive Tight weak etc etc- so it tells us their range and then how they play that range

We then want to know at a glance if they overfold or call to often or bluff to often

So a tag could be -- TAG-CS(calling station) what that would mean is they play a tight aggressive style but cannot fold AA one pair hands
or it could be PL-CS- (passive loose) which means they cannot fold anything and have a lot of weaker hands post flop

How you color code that is up to you but the most common is green means go- yellow means careful- red means stop

:unsure::geek: