What is better for studying:Books,video,forums?

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forums are a great place to get info from people alot like yourself. I find this place incredibly helpful and full of helpful members so signing up is a good move for you already.

That being said i still think that even by todays standard Doyle Brunsons book Super System is a great read for live poker. I think that even though the game evolves with time that the foundations and principles for "loose" players are still solid and its an enjoyable read.

Aside from that there are many good books, good forums, and lots of informative videos you can watch and learn from. I think it depends on what type of person you are which method you use the most - but in combination they are all very helpful. Hard to go wrong :)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is better for studying:Books,video,forums?

Also here it is possible to add point - game practice.
In general, I read training articles on the Internet, watch videos. But the most important thing in learning is playing practice and constant analysis of sessions.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything that we learn to do to win is a plus....
But, applying the knowledge at the table is another matter...

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone else said this earlier but I will reiterate it. Learning style is very important when choosing a method.

I think all of the choices are helpful and I tend to use them all. I like videos when I am fully awake and alert and can pay attention to and think about what is going on. I prefer a recorded video over a live one so I can rewind and replay things.

I prefer reading when I am not as energetic. It allows me to take the information in at my own pace, can stop and think about things.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever works best for you.

Some people prefer audio (lecture / recorded video) to pure visual (reading).

Personally I found the audio plus writing notes provides the best comprehension and memory on the topic. Reading the most information for a given time period.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion the forum better. On the forum you can immediately find the answer. I have little free time to look for the answer to my question in the world wide web and so I chose the forum.

S

soillwill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like how no one gave one specific example of a book, video or other resource. This is pure hilarity of passive behavior passing as "helpful" advice.

I

ivandrago

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books are nice, but not very interactive. Videos can be good but not interactive. pokerstars pokerschool is very nice and interactive and rewarding. I Recommend it.