What is better for studying:Books,video,forums?

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is better for studying:Books,video,forums?

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe .. that all together)))
everywhere we need to learn how to play poker ..
even when you read the newspaper in the toilet ...)))
and then the success is waiting ..)
:icon_sant

I

icandonkyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on learning styles. But I believe all of them work. When used all together, for me anyway, works well.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe .. that all together)))
everywhere we need to learn how to play poker ..
even when you read the newspaper in the toilet ...)))
and then the success is waiting ..)
:icon_sant
That's it!!!
You have to open a door in your brain, so if you see a poker table, you have to know immediately what's going on:
The blinds
stage of the tournament
chipleader
donk, TAG, LAG after a few hands
To figure this out at a glance, you have to live poker, I would even change the newspaper to some poker charts on the door or some quick videos on YT.
One day you will see your brain is capable to absorb all different types of information regarding poker. But that doesn't come from playing 2 nor 3 games very focused and nitty.
Floood your brain with poker information and PLAY A LOT!!!

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books, videos, forums, blogs, talking with friends/other poker players, websites, television...

Almost anything can be helpful. Some of the things you read/hear/watch will benefit your game greatly. It's a matter of retaining what is helpful and letting go of what isn't helpful. It can take some time to be able to filter through the information to determine the good from the bad.

For those new to poker, I'd recommend starting with some of the tried-and-true basics. Those have been proven out and are a good foundation.

Good luck!

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like watching videos about how other players play.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the more info you get, the more you learn and interpret informations better

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also. Repetition. Practicing what you learn

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
working with another players is the best way to studying the poker. Books are good for beginner players. Forums are ok but not as effective like watching the videos. But you shouldn't just watch the videos. You should pause a lot, think about what you would do and make many notes. + repeat that stuff, and try to implement some strategy into your game.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better yet, in addition to this constant game with analysis and analysis of the situations that occurred in the game.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, I learned best by watching videos. The visual stuck to my memory.

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you looking for inexpensive studying materials or are you willing to pay a fairly decent amount for a somewhat programmed study path?

Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thnk that videos are the best way of studying poker.Of course the old book is good but with great tecnology nowadays I prefer videos.

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it would be videos. More accessible through inyernei and visualize the poker hand with commentary

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
in my personal case ... I prefer to study watching interactive tutorials ... and many videos of professional players explaining real situations in real time ...! I recommend these alternatives ... they have worked for me ...

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have studied on my own, seeking knowledge online (mainly on youtube).
Sometimes I buy some hands with friends because I do not have many interested friends like I am.

When I have time to practice, I start to enter the BOOMPLAYER and try to analyze hands of players, regardless of level, to try to find out the real reason for the bet and even reason for siztebet and calculate pot odds!

D

disoft21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Think that Forums

A bit of everything is always good, however, the forum allows you to have different points of view about a situation, I think it broadens your frame of reference and that is very important in poker. :congrats::)

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am improving with this community and I only have to thank for the empathy of all the participants !!

GO GO GO!

Andriy Doshchyn

Andriy Doshchyn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best in studying poker for me is just analysis of hand history. So, I'll recommend to make your understanding of game through practice. Also, I think, u should watch some basic materials from Math like Open Yale Game Theory Couse and Poker Math. That`s really all that I need.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking good notes will help you with your poker!
You have a lot information in books, videos, forums etc but only depends on you for taking advantage of that information!

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how you learn best - some forms of study will be more useful to you to other people. Try a few methods and see which you seem to get the most out of. Most importantly, make sure you're then putting the knowledge into practice to see it working by playing hands.

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You forget about the main thing about the game ... You have to play and to practice all that you learn in theory use and to absorb the table!
Good luck)

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I know some young people who wont pick up a book, some older folks who will never get on a forum, and others that love their videos.
So to learn best , you have to do what suits your style the best.

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love reading, have learnt a lot from books but find a combination including videos is good. Watching really good players play online is great as well.