onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the best is adapt ur game to the table u r playing) sometimes it can be tight sometimes loose. imao never passive :D

ZaneAA

ZaneAA

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find playing loose as a new player only works when I see people with a high VPIP/PFR on my hud. Sometimes I get in trouble with good players that hide behind a high VPIP and a real low PFR. They tend to make themselves out to appear as weak players. Then they take me out with great post flop play.
I know now that when I see these kinds of players, I either go to another table to play, or I try not to play them unless I have the best preflop.

S

SpownOT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing posiition With AK

when playing tournement, what us the best strategy when holding AK?
i know that most prefer to shove ALL IN - however i found that most of the time i am againt small pair or even big pair , and then i am in coin flip rase.
i was wondring if it is better to see the flop and then shove all in - what do you think?

jgdesabato

jgdesabato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when playing tournement, what us the best strategy when holding AK?
i know that most prefer to shove ALL IN - however i found that most of the time i am againt small pair or even big pair , and then i am in coin flip rase.
i was wondring if it is better to see the flop and then shove all in - what do you think?
It depends on your stack, if I'm short I prefer to push all-in. Above 10 BB better see the flop.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both of them are good but I prefer tight game.

D

duecesdown

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read that when you are new, you need to play very tight to keep the later decisions more simple. This helps keep you out of trouble when you get to the Flop, the Turn ,etc. You can play more loose after you know enough to make those finer judgments about whether or not to put one more bet on that somewhat marginal hand a tight player would have just folded from the start.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This gets asked quite a lot

A good LAG will be more profitable than a good TAG

A bad LAG will lose more than a bad TAG

To be a good LAG you need to be good at hand reading, this isnt as essential for a TAG as you will usually have the best hand if you are betting. Dont try to be a LAG unless you are a winning TAG.

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on table makeup, but typically: Tight is right. For me, anyway.

Saperion

Saperion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i have to choose only one those, i woulda say tight. But i adjust the way i play during a tournament.

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no better way of playing poker, what can makes you pretty much good is changing your way during tournaments, you can't be predictable. But on beggining everyone plays tight!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's best to find a style that fits your comfort zone. This will allow you to make more solid decisions as you play. I do suggest that you play some games outside this style though as practice so you can make adjustments to your game when needed. Be aware of your table image and then use that against your opponents.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
which of the forms of gambling is more efficient, tight (25% -) or loose, you also usion 3bte with that range of hand?
If youre playing a MTT its better to be tight in early stage then you need to loosen up a bit