What advice can you give to new players?

bekbollkz

bekbollkz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is patience, and learn to learn and still learn. And watch the players who plays how. :jd4:

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fresh off another Ace pair vs 22, when villain gets the 2 on the River, stay away from...we'll call it, Cheat On Line. It will ruin everything you've read about the idea of math being important in poker. try to play the free Wednesday game if you want some laughs.

P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watch the pros on youtube
to learn

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We must remember to play with bankroll menagment. It's a very important at start with a poker journey

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are many tipps for getting a successful player. At first you must set your goal. Would you play for fun or to earn money on the long run with poker. First you must learn the rules. Also you need a good psycholigical mood, to working with the bad runs, which has every player. And you have no chance to avoid the bad beats. You must learn to live with these hands. Another aspect is learning learning, using special tools to develop your game. Bankrollmanagement is important to play against player which are on the same skill level like you.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
studying hard to have control over the game and emotions is the most important thing, poker is very complicated

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to undestand that you can do everything perfect without any mistakes but you will lose because is not your day, the cards can tell if you will win or lose.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best advice is to begin to play with money that you can afford to lose. Poker can become a great hobby or more if you are willing to put the work into it. You will never find out, if you begin to play with money that you need for other things. Also, if you are playing and worrying about the money you will never be able to enjoy. You must have fun

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Invest the money you gonna waste in your poker life, you will thank me for it

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My advice is never play mad or too fast or too slow you need to be thinking clearly learn from your own mistakes oh and you will need the patience of a cat and of course have some fun :D hope this helps good luck see you at the tables :)

The Riff_Raff :cool:

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice (even though I’ve said I stopped taking advice from randoms on poker forums a long time ago) is this

freerolls are good for practice. And very little else.

People will insist here that you can build a bankroll from rolls alone and that just isn’t true.....unless you never plan on playing anything besides 50 cent tourneys and 1.10 satellite tournaments.

If you find a site you like, use your bank account to load it. Don’t go third world and use third party “services” like MuchBetter or those online wallets. They just add layers of cost and good luck actually trying to contact someone if your $10 goes missing or just never makes it to the site. Lol at bitcoins. No one here plays at a level where a Bitcoin would ever come into play.

Learn the game. Learn to deal with shitty beats and players who will call your bets and they don’t have a real hand or just an ace rag. That’s part of the game.

Don’t be one of the idiots who loses one hand with AA and automatically create a thread saying online poker is rigged. There’s enough people here now who start threads like that and we don’t need more of them.

Enjoy the game. It’s no fun if it feels like a struggle. There will be times you’ll need to take a break. That also is part of the game.

Ravens UC

Ravens UC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice would be to never play when angry or just not into playing because your not feeling it. If you have to force yourself to play that day then you probably shouldn't be playing. Never play hungover, always bring your "A" game to the tables and if your going to drink alcohol then limit yourself, don't get sloppy drunk. Also don't start streaming until you can handle at least 6 tables with no streaming. Lastly, never play with money you can't afford to lose.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I study dedication and a lot of patience and above all try to play poker as perfect as possible

G

grrrib1984

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with my friends for money

MorMeg

MorMeg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice would be to assess your skill level and assign a number between 1 and 10, then divide that number by 10.

If it's anything lower than 2, you should work on improving your game ;)

Falconcesar

Falconcesar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice to new poker users is a lot of dedication to the game with patience, intelligence when playing by not despairing and studying the games of the other opponents !!! Good luck !!!

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: Let them educate themselves first, poker is a very difficult game and different from the others, that they also see videos and information on how to handle the bank in a useful way and if possible in a professional way, so that they do not make the same mistakes that I do. committed in my life, if you first see a lot of information, regarding the game.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have fun

Poker is a fun game with family and friends. There is alot to learn so just take your time and enjoy. Capo1014

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.new players can be advised one thing-less greed, you need to play for the result.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Continue to study the game once you have started playing, and enjoy!

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be careful play lot of hands on different freerolls before playing on real money and not to loose their heads when badbeats :)

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.new players can be advised one thing-less greed, you need to play for the result.

:cool: poker is a game where there has to be aggressiveness, if you are a passive player you have no chance.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I advise you to regularly watch the streams of successful players of medium limits. Create an up-to-date chart of starting hands for yourself. This is very important at the beginning of the game.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
don't play emotional, may work sometimes but it's never ideal and definitely not when you're risking more than what you're comfortable with losing.

C

chemezov1222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take more longer pause if you suddenly directly start win tournament one by one