Chips
who else can fall for the bait

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fishes - a great sponsor of your stack. Catch fish with pleasure.

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is fish a bad player? This is a great food caught in the water and fried on fire. The fish also has a head with eyes and even a tail. Did you know about this sensation?:D:D:D:p:D:D:D
:rofl::rofl::vroam:

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
"Fish" is a so-called player who was wrong in 99 percent of the time when playing poker! Sometimes the play as "fish"! There are many reasons for this. My point is this view!

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I like testing mindset tells with fish :) When in my hands is nuts and pot is big, I play very slow time and I write to fish magic word: FISH. Next fish falls into aggression and they often give away their chips. It is worth then to write the next word to him, example: I know it that you like pay me! When fish spits on us with aggression next I write example: hihihi or hehehe. In this fish is me and he like give me their chips. I recommend playing tells mindset with fish!

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
As a Poker Fish I can tell you that sometimes is easy to spot. For instance i get intimidated a lot buy Bluffers and never risk much. A perfect Fish! :D

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A fish is generally the player that likes to play most hands, due to inexperience. Or he is the guy that call other players names. Child like behavior is another indicator.

TinkCzru

TinkCzru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone who limps call. Min bets continuously . Folds on the river and turn consistently. As well as someone who takes FOREVER to act. And someone who seems to be in every hand but disappears as quickly as you may have noticed them. Also someone who does not top up in cash games

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A fish is a beginner or a weak player, performing many erroneous actions and as a result loses at a distance.

The concept of "fish" in poker is all relative. A plus player on the NL10 is a fish for the player on the limit NL100, etc.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I know about fish, that she also knows how to hurt a bite:D:D:D

O

otiko99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fish poker leangue it means bad player

S

SomeOtherDude69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There will always be a fish. It's the definition of the weakest player. The only table without a fish are empty tables.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A fish is a player who doesn't have an strategic understanding of the game. Of course depending on which level we are, we could be the fish to another more skilled player.

Of course the fishest of fish is the player who has never studied the game, and the term is often used o refer exclusively to this type of player. Identifying a fish is easy. If you see someone open limp the pot there's a 99.99% chance they are a fish, if you see them do it a second time then that's 100%. Someone who is playing above 40% percent of hands with 5+ players in the table is also probably a fish. Fish just doesn't know a thing about ranges, they will look at K9o and call an UTG raise, if they flop a pair they'l call it all the way down to showdown, unless the amount has become too big for them to feel comfortable. Beacuse for them it's all bout the feel. Since they lack knowledge it's all about whether they like a hand or not.

There are passive fish, aggro fish, maniacs, calling stations, they all have different tendencies, that are easyto exploit. Value bet calling tations relenlessly with you strong hands, induce aggro fish to bluff, c-bet fit or fold players, go aggro on nitty players and so on

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish is a novice at the poker table.But in this there are advantages and disadvantages.To disadvantages: against such players it will be difficult to bluff,because with any conformity (or pocket pair) they will always call.
On the other hand by means of these players,you can easily earn real money.:)

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A fish is the player that we all want to have at our table ... it is always playing with bad cards ... it gets into almost all hands ...

gunit

gunit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(fish) - the so-called weak, bad player, who thanks to his manner of playing promises us a good profit. Fish is little or completely unfamiliar with the strategic foundations of the game and very often acts with a knowingly negative mathematical expectation, for example, trying to pull out a marginal hand by putting too much money into the bank. Often such a player is also called Moron (idiot, idiot) or Retard (brake).

r_iiiichard

r_iiiichard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The old poker adage is "if you don't recognize the fish at your table" then guess what?

lol........... Yes.... you are da fish

But seriously, not sure about mid level stakes on recognizing a fish, beside all the obvious traits of being a POW (pay off wizard).

IMHO, it probably is easier if you played on micro buy-ins to spot these types of players.
Hopefully someone here will have more insight into your question.

Good luck in your fish hunting.

Okay! I am learning to identify weak opponents at the tables, ceasing to be fish. Lol.

Thanks for everyone's tips.
See you at the tables.

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish is a bad player .. I recognize a bad player easily:
1. They play almost with all hands, and often passively
2.No logic in their rates
3. No logic in their bluff

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No always! Sometimes very good loose player from high stakes. Only vpip dosn`t specifly players! Weak tight with vpip 10% may be fish player too!

I agree with this statement.

Using vpip to determine a fish is not good as it just indicates if a player is loose or aggro pre-flop.

Unless you have a few hundred hands against a player the vpip can be skewed by when you played against the villain.

SteaknEggz

SteaknEggz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fish is the passive player at the table that doesnt mind losing with shallow holdings. he knows hes outclassed but still continues to play.