Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you're a begginer poker,what do you gonna do?i mean with your experience,what's the best way to win money without risk? you'll play only freerol or will start in small tournament like 1$.

thinking about this,and if i start play today i never would play tournament above 1$.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
win money without risk
I gotta disappoint you here.

There's no reward without any risk.

Only if you stick to freerolls without a buy-in, but you need to do a lot of grinding to get some decent profits there.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
if you're a begginer poker,what do you gonna do?i mean with your experience,what's the best way to win money without risk? you'll play only freerol or will start in small tournament like 1$.

thinking about this,and if i start play today i never would play tournament above 1$.
Play free rolls, if you have a suitable bank roll you can try micro stakes, but only micros if you’re comfortable and have a decent understanding of the game and fundamentals.

Very important is to study and absorb information. Review your hands and figure out what you could have done differently, also watching pros can help get a better understanding as they will explain what they’re thinking and their plays.

Most of all, be patient. It takes time and you will literally get out what you put in, and lean on us (the CardsChat community) if you have questions, want a second set of eyes reviewing a hand etc.

All the best!

Edit to add: if you’re literally just stepping into playing without any prior knowledge, play free rolls and maybe play money(just to learn the rules, play money games won’t get you much other than learning the very basics of how the games works and a feel for that sites layout)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it all depends on how much money you have and how much experience you play if you play very little you need to gain experience playing at low limits like $1 after if you start winning there, take 1-10 places every time more than once a month and you win at least 5 out of 10 tournaments or get to the final table then you increase the limit by $2 and so on and understand what your level of play is

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I fully agree that we should start with micro-limits. And you also need a lot of patience and effort.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

study, watch videos of courses and if possible do some training for beginner poker and then practice a lot.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There aren't many good open freerolls nowadays, so, you will need to have a lot of time and patience until you build a decent bankroll playing only freerolls. But if you don't have any money to invest in poker then it's the only choice. Maybe a good idea in the first few months is to play only freerolls and study the basics of poker strategy. If you didn't build a decent bankroll in these first few months, you make a deposit.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would recommend that you play free rolls to gain more knowledge of the game and only play for buy ins once you feel comfortable and I would also recommend that you should watch videos plus people that stream to learn more about the game and not to forget that you can ask questions within the forum to gain some guidance, by doing so you will learn a lot, Cardschat also has a podcast on Spotify that should prove useful, I hope this helps.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll until you get enocgh bankroll to start climbing "levels"

T

tuskaaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker is all about taking risks so there is no winning money without taking risks. Of course the skill is knowing when to take risks and what kind of risks. I personally would recommend playing low buy ins if learning is what you wish to do. Just forget the "winning without taking risks" mentality and accept the fact that sometimes you will end up losing money.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Every time you enter a game there is risk and you have to take risks to win pots, especially in late stages of tournaments.

You should not be playing at a level of buy-in that causes you to play scared to try and avoid losing that buy-in. That kind of thinking should never factor into your decisions while in the game because it causes you to play too tight and passive which is very exploitable by other players. The more skill and practice you gain, the less this should be an issue.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have the money, I would prefer tournaments with small buy-ins to freerolls.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I novice too in poker journey...

How do you think if i can play about 1 hour a day and don't have a lot of money for buy-in's, can i achieve something?

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you need to play freerolls and watch the streams of successful poker players.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Beginners, read good books, follow the CC poker courses, play play money cash, start with micro, play freerolls the most you can get, play, play and, before I forget, play. Watch the pro's. Try to be patient and try not tilt. Practice and theory complete each other, practice even more and best of luck.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can follow some pro players (TeamStars) many do live ON in my time I didn't have this so have fun

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Beginners, read good books, follow the CC poker courses, play play money cash, start with micro, play freerolls the most you can get, play, play and, before I forget, play. Watch the pro's. Try to be patient and try not tilt. Practice and theory complete each other, practice even more and best of luck.
Thanks for the answer, i will be very greatfull if you can advice good book... :)

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I haven't been in poker for long, and I'll say that freerolls by Cardschat are the right thing to start with

Timmi1015

Timmi1015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I novice too in poker journey...

How do you think if i can play about 1 hour a day and don't have a lot of money for buy-in's, can i achieve something?
It is necessary to combine theory and practice. The emphasis should not be on big winnings, but on making the right decisions and doing it all the time. Freerolls help as practice.

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Beginners, read good books, take CC poker courses, play for play money, start with micro, play as many freerolls as you can, play, play and, before I forget, play. Watch the pros. Try to be patient and try not to tilt. Practice and theory complement each other, practice more and good luck.
And not only patience, in my practice, you also need a good mood and not think about losing. The only thing in my head should be “I'll make it to the final table” It always helps me)