Variance or do I still have to study hard?

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think once i am fold pair of aces preflop....Its be satt for big event and i get the ticket.Not see how i ever fold aces,even in bubble.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think once i am fold pair of aces preflop....Its be satt for big event and i get the ticket.Not see how i ever fold aces,even in bubble.

On these occasions I also agree on Fold AA pre-flop.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully everybody reads this article and stops going all-in all the time with high pairs. IT IS JUST A PAIR UNTIL THE BOARD DEVELOPS TO YOUR FAVOR!!!! You have still 3 betting rounds, if it's poker, what you are playing!BTW, I bet he had kings and would have won with a flush against a straight, nice fold!

G

Grantadvo24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say it's ok to fold if you have over 100 BB and you are really deep and someone shoved for 120 BB... But I'm still probably not folding haha

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop AA is the best hand, so I will not Fold unless you have inside information about the villain,

I will pay anytime!

Can you clarify exactly what "information" you might have that would result in you folding AA pre flop?

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Mainly in Live Poker, Someone with an aura coming from heaven,
a Nervous person that is a friend of the dealer, some players colluding in non official language that I can understand.

P

PokerTraveler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its very bad fold this.. Fold kk in three pot allin ok in some situations, but aces...

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you clarify exactly what "information" you might have that would result in you folding AA pre flop?

I think he was unhappy in that comment.
Unless the opponent's only information is related to "luck". Type: I Fold AA against a Donk who was All-in pre-flop with 72o and made Full House on the Flop.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ant see myself folding AA preflop, regardless who my opponents were...

G

Galka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always with a pair of AA or KK go ollin preflop. Let the opponents guess what to do.

S

sbarnhouse

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Please never fold AA preflop just because you're scared of losing, you can't be a poker player with that mindset. You need to accept and embrace the variance. Sure it sucks getting sucked out on, but it's part of the game. When you're a 4:1 favorite (AA vs KK for example), you're going to lose 20% of the time. It happens. If you can't understand and embrace that, poker is not for you.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say it's ok to fold if you have over 100 BB and you are really deep and someone shoved for 120 BB... But I'm still probably not folding haha
The opposite of this... you have an 80%+ chance of making 100BBs! It is NOT ok to fold away this advantage. How else can you make 100BB with such a high certainty? Do you expect to have the nuts on the river and get calls for 100BBs?

Again there are some extreme sat tourney and money bubble examples where it is correct to fold AA, but even very deep call this.

D

Dave Freis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Again your talking online poker right? In my thinking youre best to play a drawing game online, limp when ever you can, and see what the board brings your way. With strong starters like those A's If someones all in happy, you got to call even if he has a 2-1 stack on you. I'd even say limp to that guy and hope he shoves.

D

Dave Freis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just do this next time....

Call the monkey and wish him luck on his seven deuce off. Don't play scared.....breathhhh.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think If we want to be a good poker player We should study day after day. There are many ways to play a couple of cards in only one position. Furthermore, you have to play the player . In all this time I have found out that poker is not a simple card game .