acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Untitled 1

Two different stacks and exact same value.

Which do you prefer?

aurora1207

aurora1207

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I prefer the one on the right, even if it's a bit complicated to organize it and count it but it gives you respect at the table and it scares the opponents.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
View attachment 336746

Two different stacks and exact same value.

Which do you prefer?
This is a great question.

Can we discuss a little about what is going on with the "monster" stack on the right?

First, from our camera angle - I can not see how many chips are in front of this wall. One of the advantages of having a lot of chips like this is that it makes it vague for the table to count how many chips you actually have.

Second, I assume he has two racks of yellow to the left of his stack because the floor came over and requested he rack up 10 stacks of yellow and chip-up. Yes, the floor can just request this and it is mandatory. It is a pain for the dealer to count out all these small denomination chips when the player moves all in or even with a large bet. And as I mentioned it makes it difficult for the table to count your chips.

Meantime - the two racks of yellow hide a full stack of red to most of the table. So again this just makes it more difficult for other players at the table to count.

I have noticed that whenever this type of player is finally forced to chip-up - so no more yellow chips on the table - this player is deflated by how few chips he really has compared to what he was playing with before. It is just psychological - still I have noticed this.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is a great question.

Can we discuss a little about what is going on with the "monster" stack on the right?

First, from our camera angle - I can not see how many chips are in front of this wall. One of the advantages of having a lot of chips like this is that it makes it vague for the table to count how many chips you actually have.

Second, I assume he has two racks of yellow to the left of his stack because the floor came over and requested he rack up 10 stacks of yellow and chip-up. Yes, the floor can just request this and it is mandatory. It is a pain for the dealer to count out all these small denomination chips when the player moves all in or even with a large bet. And as I mentioned it makes it difficult for the table to count your chips.

Meantime - the two racks of yellow hide a full stack of red to most of the table. So again this just makes it more difficult for other players at the table to count.

I have noticed that whenever this type of player is finally forced to chip-up - so no more yellow chips on the table - this player is deflated by how few chips he really has compared to what he was playing with before. It is just psychological - still I have noticed this.
Right! And which do you prefer?

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer the one on the left, because it's easier to calculate my stack and thus know what raise I can apply to my plays.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer the one on the right, even if it's a bit complicated to organize it and count it but it gives you respect at the table and it scares the opponents.
Interesting! So you believe respect comes through your chips?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right! And which do you prefer?
All things being absolutely equal - I prefer the stack on the left - as one member mentioned it is more manageable.

I'm really not good at all the stack subterfuge I wrote about.

How about you? Which stack do you prefer?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
All things being absolutely equal - I prefer the stack on the left - as one member mentioned it is more manageable.

I'm really not good at all the stack subterfuge I wrote about.

How about you? Which stack do you prefer?
How will i need exchange chips anyway, so whatever.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a large stack size, then players will know what kind of player I am so I don’t need all those chips to show off. I prefer the left to make it easier to track and maybe even fool some newbies in thinking I’m a short stack