Transition to Omaha

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a good hold 'em player, but I don't know the first thing about Omaha. I think I would like to learn though. For those that play hold 'em well, is it difficult to learn Omaha? Do you find yourself successful at Omaha too?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
While No-Limit Hold'em is still the most popular form of poker in the world, Pot-Limit Omaha (PLO) is also gaining momentum, especially in the cash format. Omaha also attracts a large number of recreational players who are looking for action and fun, as well as PLO is undeniably more of an action game than Hold'em. Omaha will develop along the path of Hold'em, and the level of play there will also begin to grow. But today is still a good time to start playing PLO and be head and shoulders above average field. Often, inexperienced players who have only recently moved from Holdem, having noticed a much weaker field in PLO, start climbing too high stakes, which are not match their bankroll. In Omaha, it's best to move slowly with a solid airbag of at least 100 BI.

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in my opinion it is not difficult to learn omaha, at the beginning it may be a bit complicated when you want to play a tournament and put into practice what you are learning, if you play often and put into practice what you have studied it will help you to have more confidence and improve by Just like Holdem, some people don't like Omaha because they say there's more variance and they don't like that.
I invite you to try omaha, play for free at pokerstars so you can practice a little and you can see that it is not that difficult