Top 10 Tips For Winning at Online Poker

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good poker tips, I always read and assimilate any advice they give me.I agree with you Dakota, the best advice is, practice good bankroll management, If you do, you will not lose your entire bankroll.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Summary of the 10 topics of this article to be an online poker player: Starting with the time you have to act, the number of hands that are seen per hour, the environment that surrounds you, familiarize yourself with the room; you can help with software, start with low stacks, in short a series of tips that will help the player to have a successful trip to become a winning online poker player. The above tips will help you win in online poker games more easily.

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you take anything from this it should be bankroll management is the key. You can't force things, you will have to work at it. There are no short cuts. With patience, a quest for knowledge/never stop learning about the game, and proper brm you can, no you will be successful.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You have to know what your opponents are thinking. For this you will need a HUD, I recommend PT4.Learn who the loose passive and tight passive players are.Their tendencies will win you most.Find them, you have a gold mine.You can in the correct circumstances raise any hand against them.
Identify the TAGs and LAGs and be careful against them.
Many times your cards don't matter, the opponents tendencies and actions do.
It is most important that as a beginner you don't rush in and get disillusioned. you will end up in the queue of players who think poker is rigged.
Study books and videos, then join the game, most of all learn what correct bankroll management is.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try to manage my bankroll, I avoid elastic ranger,
I practice ICM, I do not use software to analyze, I try to let my head and my instito take care of the game

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good advice from this list, take advantage of this article, is a collection of echo. Thanks for such good articles. I will consider several points of this list.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great article,I would most agree with the items 1.Begin by playing low-stakes poker, 2.Start out by playing a single table 3.Make your work area a positive environment, 4.Use software functionality to the utmost advantage
And I think it's the most important thing to succeed and winning in poker is be patient and be ready to play long sessions..does not even help bankroll management if the player is impatient and can not wait for his hands and if he easily lose patience pressurized

wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are my tips:
1) play controlling the bank, depending on the type of game, cash game x100, tournaments x200, sit & go x80, sping & go x40.ar
2) play slow tournaments 10 to 15 minutes and a single table, to ensure better performance and concentration in the game
3) play an aggressive game with selective hands in order to minimize the hands that can take us out of the tournaments.
4) To locate ourselves in a comfortable place taking into account that a good tournaments can take us several hours.
5) Study daily strategies that contribute to improve our game.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Patience and preparedness to play, I often have only just woken up to play in CC games and often will take risks I otherwise wouldn't take in tournys.

:(

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Thanks for the tips on software. I had not heard of a lot of these. I downloaded a couple and am still playing about with them.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I would also recommend, beginners avoid the big sites eg pokerstars where big hand clashes are a regular occurrence, and you don't learn much about real poker, but can become despondent very quickly.Play the League games and the freerolls, till you get a real feel for that site.:)

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What else is there?

Think what villains think about you and how they see you, exactly how they see you, are you TAG, LAG, DONK/FISH! etc. Think about certain situation and focus 99% on that. Give the opponents hard decisions to decide, be somehow open (based on dynamics) on that always i mean always (sometimes it really does not matter what your holding is). Note that you do not have to be the best to win a tournament but you have to pick your situations carefully. Creating a solid image is as important as your holding cards, if you have bad image do not bluf never ever. Reduce the variance as much as possible to succeed. Do not let you influenced by hands which is already over, this is past and does not matter so much anymore. Make notes on villains and ovbviously what you think how villains see you. The most important is that you, jes you, understand that poker tournament is like a marathon not a sprint. Do not get involved speculative hand out of position, this is also very very important. Pay attention small details so you are able to make best decisions overall. If you do not know what to do always fold as early as possible and analyse your game not alone!! post it into forum, we have alot good people who are willing to give advise. Good luck to you all....I have so much to say but i stick what you asked for....

And bankroll management is important, it is rule nr 1 which is above-mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is something that I resist to use and are the support soft, although they always recommend it and they tell me it's a great help, I do not want to use them. it will surely be something to which I am going to have to open up.
I also agreed to add as advice the management of banking, and temperament management is something that I struggle with every time I play trying not to lose control.

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest not there yet on line but study and reread good posts and books

P

ps_komaklos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win.

: learn the game
. read good books/articles (i think there a plenty of books not worth reading)
. play
. review played hands (turn off results and stuff, so you can think through the hand again, was the play good)
. don't overdose, try to learn a skill at the time

: bankroll management
. play at a lvl that fits

: goals
. set good goals, e.g. get better at a specific skill.., learn to read the hud/player types, today no fancy play
. don't set goals like make 2 stacks in cash game today, just try to make right decisions at the spots, not try to force something

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
- Take frequent small breaks (bathroom, water, snack)
- Stop checking the cashier (or HM2/PT4 active session up/down amount) often!
- Don't be in a rush to mass multi-table, pay attention to position and keep tight pre flop.
- Don't ignore mental game aspects, be self-aware of tilt, fatigue, and magical thinking about the cards, site, or luck.
- Follow good BRM which can be stuck to easier when you track stats and see yourself winning over growing sample sizes, the small ups and downs don't matter.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the advice is very good. Also, I can add the need to learn rivals at the table of their psychologically styled game.

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Patience
2. Patience
3. Patience
4. Patience
5. Patience
6. Select the type of tournament you want to play and focus only on them
7. Play restless and choose the day that you do not have any obligations tomorrow to play a more relaxed game.
8. Do not play more than four tables (it's difficult with that) more tables - a little concentration in the game
9.Connect, playing other players and try to read them, and then mark them to know who to play in future tournaments
10.enjoy in the won money, no matter how big he was;)

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very good reading. It's amazing how there's always something to learn in this section of Cardschat. I might suggest something about tells online and about the variety of existing games, but I find the article quite complete anyway.
The hardest part of online poker is just playing at home, and the range of distractions it brings, even if you avoid them. Unless you live alone, there is always someone who comes in to talk during the game, asking or complaining about something, and it is very difficult to keep concentration at its best.

G

GeorgeCarlin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play without feelings/emotions, like a robot.

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have two tips. Learn the mathematical part of poker and control your thoughts. You should always understand what you specifically want to get in this distribution

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be hard to play against,,,,:cool:

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have never used any extra software to play or examine my play, so I can’t really speak to this. Although it does always tilt me when an uncredited article includes phrases like “the author takes the stance...”.

My biggest challenge currently is trying to work within the limits of my aging computer (laptop). I wish I had a super fast processor with multiple giant screens in a big bank – I do not. I would recommend not trying to multi table across multiple platforms. In addition to the various client software interfering with one another, I often misclick because the buttons are in different positions on different sites.

W

willko01000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tips

Dont drink alcohol and play!

Make sure you are looking at positioning as much as your cards!

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for article!
I prefer "Begin by playing low-stakes poker" from this list

Poker Tips