Too much bad beats.. what should i do?

T

Tomioto3095

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try not to think much about this.. this happen in the game, you can't tilt because this will cause some damage in your game. If you are tilt, try to play less, get some rest

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no good hand in poker. It always depend on the situation and how you handle it. I always see AAs and AKs got beat by extremely bad cards. And you can even win a pot even if you dont have a completed hand, dependind on how you handled the given situation.
For me i always try to keep in mind one thing... lose small, win big. cheers!!

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you shouldn´t get glued to the bad beats, we always remember the badbeats we take, but how many of those bad beats you gave are on your memory?

H

heix24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to loose with AA or AK is even wors than lose with poor hand

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take bad beats all day long. Never bothers me. What a bad beat tells you is that you are getting your money in with the best hand. While you will lose some, if you can constantly get your money in with the best hand you will be a profitable player.

A

Aksny

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I limp in from big blind wi th king 8 off flop king 883 handed i check villain raises 25 other guy folds i shove he calls hes got jacks all set for the double up i think he hits a jack on the river. I have 3 4 off i raise 12 pre flop utg not in my range a trap hand flop comes 2 5 6 with two hearts get raised and re raised i shove for 300 over the top to try and buy it rite there get called and ge hit his flush draw he called with a q high flush draw for 300 dollars now h is he s physcic or just sick he was crushed should we welcome this type of play its getting more common for people just to gamble on anything its taking alot of skill out the game a more skilled opponent would have folded to this bet i would think or was it a great.play he didnt have the nut flush draw

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Immediately: drop down the stakes
Long term: it is not uncommon to have bad beat downswing. Such periods can last even 2 weeks in a row, perhaps even longer and that does not mean the pokersite is necessarily cheating. So be prepared for such downswings. THe best approach in such case is not to play at all for a period.

B

Badbeatking

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I get forty or fifty bad beats in a row when I am all in and way ahead(AA v. AK for instance). This is just part of the illusion of card odds. It doesn’t matter how far ahead you are, you can still easily get sucked out for days, months and even years (in some extreme cases) in a row.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's best to take a break for a few days to clear the mind of negative emotions. If it's just bad beats, it's just downswing and it's experienced by all poker grinders. If the bankroll mnagment allows after the break play on these stakes, if not go down below. Good luck

P

Probability162

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats in tournaments in still better than in cash game. Today is the most horrible day in my poker game. I have never experienced anything quite like this before.

I played the game well with discipline, patient and fearless. The whole night, I was all in 4 times. 3 out of 4 was a bad beat. After the first one, I told myself you can do it, you can come back. Re-buy and build my stack again, and then a second bad beat come. Trying to control my emotional well because I truly understand the law of poker. Re-buy one more time and build up the stack again, and then the third bad beat in 6 hours session. It almost looked like there was an invincible hands that do not want me to win and punished me. How can you get bad beat 3 times in 6 hours session after trying to come back and come back. I was so tired and ask what did you do to me lady luck? Why am i deserved this? Played at empire in London.

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break and come back later.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep your head up, we have all been there. Take a break and replay the situations and your hands. Did you push your big hands to early or not early enough and some one called and got lucky when they had lots of outs. Think through everything and try to find your leaks and then go back to the tables.

igorsad

igorsad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to choose maximum 2 disciplines to play (for example i play MTT and cash) and make the stop-loss limit. Bad beats is one of the game rule that you cant change. If you feel that you are very unlucky today, just stop playing today and take a break from poker.

M

Mrx376

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't give up if you have bb means you can play

I played every type of game cash,zoom,SnG, tourney.. but everywhare busted on good cards with bad beats.. like there is no straight draw on flop and beaten by straith.
No flush draw on flop and beagen by flush
Got full house on turn and beaten by full house on river.
Every where i am playing with petiance and good game. making very less mistakes or no mistakes..

My bankroll is gettimg down
what should i do.
I dont think that i am on tilt.
But i became very aggresive when i have a good hand. Is this the problem??
when ever i play in sng and mtt i want to doubble ip if i have a very sttong hand like set or flush ..full house.. but all these are beaten by worse player with worse cards..

Try to bring your bankroll up with freerolls

:)Mrx376

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're continuing to get your chips in good your bad beats will even out eventually. It may be over the course of many hands but the math shows that you have the higher winning percentage in the long run so just stick to it!

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, maybe your playing the wrong cards, putting yourself at high risk situations, etc. But, for me, I had to stop playing and find something to entertain myself for a few days... Usually, time will be a factor to change the cards... Maybe...
Good luck...

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I can't understand is why when I dominate the other hand all-in I lose at least 80% of the time at pokerstars. Am I just THAT unlucky?

This is typical. I just got bumped out of the CC daily with A J of hearts against A 3 of clubs. The REALLY obvious pattern is that the other player has the bigger stack, and that loosing with good cards to the big stack's crap cards happens A LOT!!!

I have no trust in the integrity of Pokerstars after experiencing this crap SOOOO often. But that's okay, I just suck it up and only play freerolls and micros, have NEVER deposited and NEVER will, but I'm up $300 on them, anyway.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would look at your betting when you think you are ahead. Are you betting the proper amount to get people to fold, or are you playing in a way that encourages your opponents to draw to their hands.

Next I would also run some calculators to see how much of a bad beat it really was. I used to think people were dumb when I first started playing until I started running the odds. I was surprised how little of a favorite I really was in those spots.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker is normal to take Bad Beat need to know in fact if your way is correct in playing not to lose confidence in playing.

The game to calibrate have to practice and changing the team and reviewing the format to play again.

You must have a very good mind set and a lot of patience to withstand the most difficult phases.

:jd4:mateuspoker

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m joining this thread as I just got the worst bad beat ever
online poker Playing Omaha and I had a straight flush and gotten beat by another player with higher straight flush. The the worst bad beat I gotten.
The previous bad beat I remember was live poker when I got beaten by a straight flush against my full house That one hurt more cause I was all in before at the turn with me made flush and I was ahead. The dealer gave her the straight flush card at the river
This time we went raise reraise reraise all in at the river And I was hoping he was playing A high flush.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beats are a big part of poker,,,,you have to factor them in,,,and play on. :cool: (we all get them)

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weather the storm or take a nap.