Too much bad beats.. what should i do?

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played every type of game cash,zoom,SnG, tourney.. but everywhare busted on good cards with bad beats.. like there is no straight draw on flop and beaten by straith.
No flush draw on flop and beagen by flush
Got full house on turn and beaten by full house on river.
Every where i am playing with petiance and good game. making very less mistakes or no mistakes..

My bankroll is gettimg down
what should i do.
I dont think that i am on tilt.
But i became very aggresive when i have a good hand. Is this the problem??
when ever i play in sng and mtt i want to doubble ip if i have a very sttong hand like set or flush ..full house.. but all these are beaten by worse player with worse cards..

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stick to just the one game type to maximise your learning and development, and then just keep making the best possible decisions. Post hands for analysis and comment. As questions about spots you weren't sure about.

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is the matter of time and in future(if your poker skills are really good) good results will come.

wanted2090

wanted2090

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its quite hard to let go a good hand.. you think that you got the best hand and then someone else got the better.. emotional calls can cost you the game.. I would keep trying and remember there are ALOT of online players and so many hands are played also.. it can happen that someone else has the better cards! so try to fold good hands also

M

makrarom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those hands you talk about, are rare. You shouldn't lose hands like that very often, depends on how much you play, but I wouldn't say more than twice a month... You could try analyzing your hands starting preflop, how did the hand start there, and how did it go from there on, could you foreseen a hand from your opponent or could you just fold before, amongst other things.

Sum420gt

Sum420gt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey man i feel you, i have the same problems. I get the best hand on the turn, than someone with shit cards end up winning on the river... I dont understand why they keep putting their chips in when they have garbage but somehow they get exactly what they need on the river.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation we need to tolerate, I better take time out for a couple of days.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best approach is generally to have faith in, and play, the odds in these circumstances. I know it can be VERY frustrating - I've lost plenty of hands where I was the 95% favorite to win. But over the long term, you will win more than you lose if your hand has better odds of winning than the pot odds it's costing you to play it.

Also, I see that you've thrown Zoom games in to the mix as well. Be aware that there are players who will only enter a Zoom/Rush hand with pocket Aces or pocket Kings. Actually some will only place Aces. If they don't get those staring hands, they just 'Zoom" off to the next hand.

S

sunofabeach

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone can have such phases ... just ask yourself after every single situation if you played correctly ... if so, all is good :)
if not - learn for the future.

Greg Austin

Greg Austin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear you. Today i have been rivered galore and im getting really sick of it, its been all day, Aces and Kings are no good for me today im winning more with suited trash on the button then with anything else. That and black jack. Poker can suck sometimes but after years of playing ive learned this its a game and it involves luck, luck is a factor and its the reason why even the best lose sometimes. your going to have a bad day, weeks, even months, it happens so when your up make the best of it!!!

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played every type of game cash,zoom,SnG, tourney.. but everywhare busted on good cards with bad beats.. like there is no straight draw on flop and beaten by straith.
Every where i am playing with petiance and good game. making very less mistakes or no mistakes..

what should i do.
I dont think that i am on tilt.
when ever i play in sng and mtt i want to doubble ip if i have a very sttong hand like set or flush ..full house.. but all these are beaten by worse player with worse cards..
Remember you are playing a game in which any two cards can win. You are also playing some trained monkeys that will chase their tails to the end. If you can see any possible chance you can be beat most likely you are. Remember the hand isn't over til the river.:D:D

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
But, if you're still at a loss, so that your game is probably not as good. This is also my case, I also think that I play well, but my bakroll is getting smaller and smaller. Let's take a break and then from the beginning.

T

Turn7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good hand is in the end not always the best hand. I know it is hard to fold a good hand but if you watch wsop or any else tournament straights flushes sets have all been folded by players like Negreanu, Ivey, Chan, ... And often they were right with that decision because they are capable of reading the opponents. My hint for you is, perhaps you should fold rather some "good hands" than making pressure and running into a bad beat on the river...

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience. If you keep getting your money in good it will start braking your way eventually. Be aware that just because you have a great hand don't become blind by its strength and spew chips into and stronger holding. I have checked AA down because in the end it is only a pair. Just laugh when they turn up 75o and managed to pair both their cards even when you remember that they called your 4.5BB bet pre. Jcarver "76% is not 100%". Just because the numbers say you are supposed to win does not mean you are going too.

M

money67

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just be patient and have good bankroll management

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play some freerolls to rebuild your bankroll. Don't get too concerned that your strong hands are getting beat by miracles on the river. It happens. Many players get their money in bad and suckout. Welcome to the world of online poker. Just try to keep getting your money in good. The fish will eventually find themselves hooked, skinned and fried. I was once told if you can't handle the bad beats, you shouldn't be playing poker. Try tiddlywinks or bingo.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Runner, runner suck-outs happen. There's nothing you can do about that, other than satisfy yourself that the money went in good. It's one thing you'll just have to get used to: if you're playing a good game, you will lose to suck-outs a lot simply because you're not putting the money at risk with questionable cards.

What full houses? You are aware that not all Fulls are created equal, and underfulls can be dangerous. It's a hand that the average rec-fish just can not bring himself to fold, like ever. There's even a name for that: "Zeebow Theory". You have to recognize when a dangerous Full is likely beat, and fold it.

what should i do.
Nothing you can do other than play through the runbad, and stay off tilt. Maybe take a break for awhile, and that goes to two things: tilt control, and getting out of that psychological funk of thinking you're running especially bad so's that doesn't become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It could very well be a big part of the problem. You don't say what you think is a "good hand", but it is deadly in NLHE to overplay TPTK in high SPR pots. That hand plays better in fixed limit and in low SPR pots. Otherwise, it's a hand that'll win you small pots, but lose you big ones, and most -- if not all -- your stack. In a high SPR pot, you want to take TPTK to showdown for as little as possible. You also have to be able to let this "good hand" go in situations where it could cost you most of your stack.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JEROHIT. Great post, one which displays a situation which many will at times will find themselves in.

There are loads of different pieces of advise.... Taking a break being a really good idea and giving yourself time to re-evaluate, forget about losing and start focusing on playing good poker again.

Of all the advice given, I really like the advice given by B1BOMBER and DORUGREMON. Take time to read through these two players' advice and re-evaluate your approach.

Good luck.

BB

BBr3

BBr3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just keep going, dont give up, if you do, you might miss the good beat that's a-coming.
Also, switch poker programs. I'd be surprised if 100% of them are 100% legit.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with those who say stick to one game. Also post hands in the hand history section of the forums because there is no way to know if its really bad luck or if you are playing wrong unless you get extra opinions. You will learn a lot that way!

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with those who say stick to one game. Also post hands in the hand history section of the forums because there is no way to know if its really bad luck or if you are playing wrong unless you get extra opinions. You will learn a lot that way!
^^^^^ thats what Id say^^^^^^

W

Whangdoodle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks lots of great advice I feel like I've played a lot on tilt lately but I will try to keep my head.....

N

nickisgeek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One important thing - keep your mind in control, dont follow along the tilt, be higher than that

Mka69

Mka69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the time to worry because of last mistakes — the most gross blunder.
* quote Muhammad Ali

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been there as I imagine so have many other players I tried changing poker sites did not help much but a break from my usual game helped if you need to play try freerolls at least you can play without hurting the bakroll