These 3 things prevent you from winning.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
1) Limping.
2) Playing out of position.,
3) Betting the minimum.

If you are a beginner, avoid the above actions if you want to increase your winnings or at least minimize your losses.

1) When it's folded to you and you have a hand you want to play, raise.
2) Never play out pf position unless you have a monster.
3) If you hit the flop, bet for value, don't try to trap, when you do that in poker, most of the time you end up falling in the hole you were digging for someone else.

In a more advanced level, more factors come into play and the experienced players don't always follow the above said. We can elaborate on those factors in this thread and learn something from each other...

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Nice threesome ;-) !
But in freerolls against 1000 or more villains you must play sometimes out of position when you have suited 8-9 or similiar :).

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Nice threesome ;-) !
But in freerolls against 1000 or more villains you must play sometimes out of position when you have suited 8-9 or similiar :).
Agree, but it still depends on what happened before the action gets to you.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think this is great advice to give a beginning players. If you are a beginner, it’s not enough to know you should be doing something or shouldn’t be doing something, but you need to know why this is good advice. Learn about raising theories. Study and find out why position over your opponent is so valuable. Study these three key things that was pointed out and it will get you to open your mind to all kinds of other strategies. Good luck!

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think this is great advice to give a beginning players. If you are a beginner, it’s not enough to know you should be doing something or shouldn’t be doing something, but you need to know why this is good advice. Learn about raising theories. Study and find out why position over your opponent is so valuable. Study these three key things that was pointed out and it will get you to open your mind to all kinds of other strategies. Good luck!
You are totally right. Studying is even a greater advice, starting with those basic concepts...

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) Limping.
3) Betting the minimum.

If you are a beginner, avoid the above actions if you want to increase your winnings or at least minimize your losses.

3) If you hit the flop, bet for value, don't try to trap, when you do that in poker, most of the time you end up falling in the hole you were digging for someone else.

In a more advanced level, more factors come into play and the experienced players don't always follow the above said. We can elaborate on those factors in this thread and learn something from each other...
Wow thst is so funny. I always play those tree things that you mentioned. I guess its because I first learned poker playing limit games. The way a normally lose is by playing the other way that you mentioned. I guess old dogs don't learn new tricks. LOL

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) Limping.
3) Betting the minimum.

My problem is I do not have the stones to call when I should and when I do it is always the wrong time.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
My problem is I do not have the stones to call when I should and when I do it is always the wrong time.
That's why you never get involved by limping/calling, you raise and you do the betting, so your opponent will be the one who needs to decide whether to call or not...

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's always important to remember this again and again.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Against aggression be water, against passiveness be steal!

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) bad cards
2) bad beats
3) good cards that don’t hit
In a nutshell.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It's always important to remember this again and again.
Your advice might sound funny or simple to some, but it is very important indeed. As a matter of fact, sometimes, especially after losing a big pot, we seem to forget about the basics and start playing recklessly (Tilt), which is an important topic that deserves a whole thread. Remembering and reminding ourselves " again and again" is actually one of the best ways to stay calm and get rid of the most dangerous opponent in poker : TILT.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) Limping.
3) Betting the minimum.

I have been preaching these same things for YEARS!!! To bad no one listens LOL. Add a #4: don't try to bluff a calling station.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The advice to not play out of position without a monster is perhaps a bit to extreme, since it lead to us not defending our blinds enough especially in games with an ante.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Useful advice for beginners. I'd actually write it down and stick it on the screen just to remember every time I start playing.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
And how we must playing on postflop when we have a good combination??

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That’s right, but the problem is that in freerolls and at limits up to $10 it doesn’t work, and if it does work, it works 2 times out of 10.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The advice to not play out of position without a monster is perhaps a bit to extreme, since it lead to us not defending our blinds enough especially in games with an ante.
You're right of course, but that advice is for beginners.
You're giving me the idea of starting a thread about playing OOP and defending blinds (y);).

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
And how we must playing on postflop when we have a good combination??
In my opinion, play hard and fast. Most of the time, if you slow play or don't bet hard for value, especially when multi-pot, someone would catch something and beat your "good combination".
Just 5 minutes ago, I made the mistake of checking a 3-way flop with top pair top kicker (Had AQ) because one of the players was very aggressive and I thought he would bet, but he checked too. A little 3 came on the turn and I made a big bet, he raised and I shoved being totally committed, he called with 33 in his hand !!