Theory in Poker

T

TUGIN777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to know where and what materials do you study theory in poker? And is the theory important? I personally do not study theory at all, but I would like to.

L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want cheap you can warch YT Videos, there are mich Videos online about ICM, hand Analysis, bankroll Management.
If you want to be a poker pro and you have no Problems to spend some money, you can buy some cosching(s). I would you rather you to buy a coaching from RYE, bencb789 is one of the best online poker Player with winnings over $20 Million.
But in both ways you can learn!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theory is important. It is the thing that helps you to take decisions in tough spots based on calculations instead of just guessing what is the correct move. Today players are generally becoming better and at least basic level of theory like pot odds, outs and EV is needed if you want to be good player.

R

rapione98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the theory is very important, mainly ICM

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The theory is important. Even if you identify more as a feel-based player, there are certain situations where understanding the math and theory will absolutely improve your decision-making.

A simple example is knowing the math of draws well. This is a basic example of theory that will help you make better decisions in a lot of post-flop spots, particularly calling bets/shoves at the flop and turn.

Other topics you might want to check out include:

** expected value

** Semi-bluffing

** ICM (as others in this thread suggest!)

** Exploitive vs Unexploitable Play

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you need it? You have learned the rules and you can play. You will figure out for yourself when you can bluff and how to understand that your opponent is bluffing. Tip Sometimes increasing your opponent's bet by three times reveals his bluff or leads to a loss. If you play a lot, you will win a good tournament, but you need patience, time and money to pay for housing and food...