My take on bluffing

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing

Not worth bluffing as someone always has the better hand and you always get caught with your pants down. Straight up is always better. Capo1014

S

Skripka Dmitriy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely use bluffs. bluff is a cool sense of danger and impunity.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't bluff everything, for some players it is the art of playing, they study their opponents and know who will play exactly in this hand, everything is done on an intuitive prompt, and there is a second category of players who recklessly bluff, such as the rule punishes the opponent, knocking out strong card.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And yet, bluffing must be reasonable. You can't just bluff all the time, it can take devastating losses.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great posts on bluffing here. As stated, it is the essence of poker, whereby you lead opponents to believe in a fiction, but one which makes sense to them. As the posts show, it can be viewed both in terms of percentages (poker math) and instinct, so has elements of both science and art.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When Bluffing, it needs to work over an extended period of time. By that I mean, a player needs to BALANCE his Bluffs with VALUE bets.

Rule of thumb: The earlier on in a hand you are, the more drawing power your bluff should have.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff when I have more chips or money

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing should not be very often Sometimes bluffing brings good profits, but more often brings losses.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
Don't bluff just to get a taste of bluffing

Many beginners understand that bluffing is part of the game, but do not know how. There is NO rule saying that you must bluff so often during a poker game, but many players don't feel they have won until they have bluffed. Bluffing only works in certain situations and against certain players, and if you know you will be called, it is impossible to bluff. It is better to never bluff than to bluff just for bluffing.

I agree with some of what is said, bluffing is actually a skill. it takes immense courage and skill to pull off a good bluff, due to the fact the 80 percent of the time there is someone who has a hand, bottom line know when to bluff and improve you table game first

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bluffing is fine as long as you can sell it properly and bet enough to take the pot, Too much of a bet could land you in serious trouble, too little a bet and they will call with any pair, or even Ace high.
So you have to be careful and set your image at the table before you start making bluffs, an over aggressive player will get callers with mediocre hands like 2 pair and above whereas a tight passive player would get more respect.
I have taken down very aggressive players by playing tight and just calling his/her bets through a hand hoping they will try and bluff when I know I have flopped the nuts, and they have nothing but guts and a draw.
That is one of the reasons I love to play Poker.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion about bluffing is that those players who bluff are cowards and do not have the courage to play a game of poker properly. Those who bluff and shout this message are cowards.

frederixo

frederixo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing take part from poker but dont work every time, you have to feel when to bluff :)

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're going to bluff, you better hold your ground on the bluff. That is my advice. There's no use bluffing and then backing off and losing a lot of chips to a bad lie.:cool::cool:

Xambo

Xambo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is an important part of poker. If you go through bluff you have a nice feeling, exactly the other way around if you were caught bluffing)

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree on this. Some of my opponents run crazy bluffs without a single blocker in their hand. Don't ever bluff if you think you don't have a fold equity against your opponents. That's it.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that bluffing must have a limit, but when we have a big advantage with more chips than our opponent we can bluff more often by betting small amounts of chips.

D

dima08191

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Waiting for a good card and "punishing" those who bluff to the fullest

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bluff here and there and might even sucker move players by showing i bludded so they think im bluffing and call my monster hand that i suckered em in. Good luck and good bluffs.