Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
today is different!

good in the past, not bluffing worked, you became an average player and had results. Nowadays I realize that as a player, when I apply more bluffs I manage to reach the final stages of a more easy tournament. Everything is relative

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with a few of the comments here a bluff is easier to get through at higher levels, i do not bother with too much bluffing in freerolls and micro stakes from what i can see most players will not let go of top pair no matter what kind of a kicker they have with it but yes it is a integral part of the game all the same

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree. Sometimes it is clearly seen that this is a bluff and the opponent in order to maintain their style of play may be getting emotions tries to the last even goes ollin. I love them, because it's easy to collect a lot of chips in a tournament at their expense.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is important. You can't rely on having the best cards all the time. You've got to be able to detect when your opponents are weak. You've also got to set a bluff up early in the hand. You can't check-call all the way to the river and then expect a bluff to work. Lay the story early.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
it's part of the game and part of the fun inside the table I particularly do a few when I'm at stake

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% think bluffing is part and needed in poker!

you wont always have the best hands and you wont always hit something

bluffs are needed if you want to win the tournament!

and its true most beginners have no clue about bluffing they wait on premium cards/hands and that will never get you far!

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Very reasonable reasoning. I agree, perhaps. I will only add that bluffing is a part of psychology. And on-line bluff-it already looks like mysticism.

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to have someone catch my intentional small bluff early so when I have a big hand they will call my big bet with their second pair hand.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to not bluff. If I do it's on tournaments but not live.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bluffing is a difficult art to master

Good morning everyone, it is one of the most difficult fundamentals to master in poker, in my opinion.
I usually watch the high stakes online cash game tables and it caught my attention the fact that in expensive limits players bluff much more than in low limits, on youtube there is a video of these limits with the name of big pot cash game, the player turning a 97s into a bluff in a pot of almost 1 million dollars, where the river completes a flush and villain has AKs, with a doubled card on the board.
There is a move that I learned a little while ago and that helps me to win a lot of chips and over bet with semi bluffing, the villains foudate too much, I learned by watching cash game zoom in the NL $ 1 / $ 2, and in the $ 2.5 / $ 5, I notice that the players who are very profitable make this play quite often, you have an 87s and flop 6 5 A and you check raise or bet 90% +, it is a good play because the villain with AJ or AQ is in one difficult situation, thinking that you have three of a kind and even when he doesn’t fold and you hit the T on the turn or river you win a lot of money, it’s a very good move because you’re in control of the size of the pot and when you don’t hit and check fold , without emblem.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. There are times when I have an opportunity to bluff. It is, for me, essential to winning.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
believe me the worst thing you can do in poker is NEVER BLUFFING. ok, i don't bluff often but if you don't, you become in an easy target for any experienced player.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never bluff. I always hero call. Hahaha just kidding

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometime I bluff if I haven't had a playable hand for a while.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that bluffing is the most beautiful thing in poker, they are always epic movements, it is a play that I love, you always leave great memories. Greetings from Venezuela.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only bluff when I in control of the hand. Also, in certain situations like when the payoff cutoff is close. Many players don’t risk their stack when getting in the money is at risk. So, sometimes it is easy to get the pot and the antes.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally only bluff when I have no other options.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tip

the problem is not bluffing, but bluffing at the wrong time. blafe is also part of the game as long as you know how to use it

N

NXCN2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffs are a massive part of the game but personally i only bluff that i have a big hand when i have at least a pinch of showdown value or if i have betted appropriately to that point

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As many have already said here, bluffing is an integral part of poker !!! In my opinion, a good and correct bluff is one of the most important lines between a bad and a good player !!! In the game, at micro-limits, there are so many senseless bluffs that usually you don't even have to raise the bet, the fish will do everything for you)))

F

Fenri77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say you want to avoid as many showdowns as possible thus sometimes bluff to win the pot or to know the situation you are in (low value bluff to get re-raised) is necessary. However you need to understand the basics = if you bluff too often, you'll be out pretty soon ::)

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer not to bluff if possible and it only works if the other player has little to fight with.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is a story that you should tell convincingly. You shold smell whats going on in the hand and when is good time for bluff, or start a hand with a bluff story in mind already. Cause a move that does not make sense would be more likely to be called.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning everyone, it is one of the most difficult fundamentals to master in poker, in my opinion.
I usually watch the high stakes online cash game tables and it caught my attention the fact that in expensive limits players bluff much more than in low limits, on youtube there is a video of these limits with the name of big pot cash game, the player turning a 97s into a bluff in a pot of almost 1 million dollars, where the river completes a flush and villain has AKs, with a doubled card on the board.
There is a move that I learned a little while ago and that helps me to win a lot of chips and over bet with semi bluffing, the villains foudate too much, I learned by watching cash game zoom in the NL $ 1 / $ 2, and in the $ 2.5 / $ 5, I notice that the players who are very profitable make this play quite often, you have an 87s and flop 6 5 A and you check raise or bet 90% +, it is a good play because the villain with AJ or AQ is in one difficult situation, thinking that you have three of a kind and even when he doesn’t fold and you hit the T on the turn or river you win a lot of money, it’s a very good move because you’re in control of the size of the pot and when you don’t hit and check fold , without emblem.
I've been catching some dudes lately betting alot on the river when flush hit the river with some complete garbage hand. So im betting my hand and dude floating with zero outs just to catch somthing that can make sense to bluff.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't bluff just to get a taste of bluffing

Many beginners understand that bluffing is part of the game, but do not know how. There is NO rule saying that you must bluff so often during a poker game, but many players don't feel they have won until they have bluffed. Bluffing only works in certain situations and against certain players, and if you know you will be called, it is impossible to bluff. It is better to never bluff than to bluff just for bluffing.

You can bluff, preferably strictly on the board.