Which tactic is more lethal?

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffs. If you misbehave then you will be wrong someday. In general, any tactic can be good or bad.

K

Knockofff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll have to go with bluffing because it's a wonderful feeling pulling off a bluffing taking down a pot u would have lost

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good to see so many responses point out how both of these extremes as defaults would get crushed over the long-term; poker is greatly about balance and adjusting.

However, all else equal, I'd say that typically under-representing the strength of your hand is more likely you'll get paid when they call, but over-representing the strength of your hand is likely to win smaller pots more often (as others fold). Both played as a strategy are doomed to failure, but the art of adjusting when correct is a critical factor for success :)

P

polosati

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it all depends on the length of the table and the position in the current hand. It is also important what the size of the stack is. Aces not preflop without aggression is still more dangerous than bluffing with garbage in your hands.

P

Paul mack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would like to hear your opinions: what do you consider more dangerous to other players, bluffing with nothing in hands to win, or pretending you don't have anything, with for example, pocket aces preflop?
Surely bluffing when you block the nuts with your hand but I wouldn't go mad with 7 2

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything depends on the situation on the place.
No tactic is impossible.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst thing is to bluff with nothing, and not knowing how to do it right.