The strategy heads-up against a maniac

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we dont have to get as much value from our hands because they are giving us a tonne of value preflop by folding too much. This also allows us to basically take every pot with a low board texture, and makes them much easier to read. so i guess it depends on what your definition of TAG or tight is in HU poker, but if he's folding say 40-50% of his buttons it's game over when i'm raising 100% of my buttons.

How would we play against fishy players who call every re raise any bet all the way to the river. I played a game the other day and he wasnt aggressive but would never fold to me, obviously in HU we don't always have a showdown hand.

Zhendos

Zhendos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just mark such players and try not to sit down with them to a table, on me it is the most optimal variant)

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just mark such players and try not to sit down with them to a table, on me it is the most optimal variant)

This is normally in HU MTT's, I always find myself running into these players.

UpUpAway

UpUpAway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up your hand gains value, but be wary, maybe min raise with pos to get more info, if doesn't work play solid hands & trap. Either way in heads up may be a coin flip.