Stealing the blinds

Sharpie88PL

Sharpie88PL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What questions shoud you be asking yourself when attempting to steal the blinds ?

P

pleyboi8585

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ask your self this when stealing blinds

how strong is my hand
what positon am in
how many hands are behind me
how big are their chip stacks
how much do u think u have to risk in order to get them to fold
who do u think will fold who will not [identify call stations and fish or rookies}
how many hands have I played recently{last 7hands}
last but not least most important actually:
DO YOU THINK YOU CAN PULL IT OFF ???
after u ask yourself all of these questions and get to the last most important one
evaluate your thoughts and IF YOU THINK YOU CANT PULL IT OFF DONT TRY IT
but if u want to go anyway or feeling on tilt and desperate HAVE A STRONG HAND {at least A\blank or k\10 or above]
AND you want to have only the blinds in the hands
and just bet as much as your willing to lose and still be comfortable if u feel u need to fold if reraised
if u get a call try to check it down
if u hit all in if u have top pair or better but slow play the hand if u hit a boat on the flop
now happy hunting?

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful when there are short stacks to act after you. The 15BB - 25BB stacks are great for re-stealing and the < 15BB stacks are going to be looking to shove. So, you have to think about what you are going to do in those situations. If they see you are stealing at a high frequency, they may be more likely to shove their stacks.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stealing to me is almost second nature, the only things I really think about are:
-If I get called, do I have a hand good enough to continue playing?
-If I get raised, do I fold or continue playing?
-Are the people I'm trying to steal from short stacked?

Other than that, if you're on the button, or cut-off, I'd say attempting to steal is almost a given. Don't try to steal with a hand that you'll definitely have to fold if raised against, don't try to steal with a hand that has awful equity if called, and don't try to steal if you think your opponents are likely to shove on you.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I look at the images of the next players, possition and size of Blinds, and always good to worry if there are players with few blinds. The strength of the hand and the size of your pot import a lot more if it is putting you in all-in condition I do not recommend.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how likely will the blinds fold to a raise when i'm on the button

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to blind stealing, position is the most important factor in my opinion. Cash games, stealing blinds isn't that important in my opinion. Its really important in tournament play. Chips are too valuable in tournaments

Daniel VanRiper

Daniel VanRiper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What questions shoud you be asking yourself when attempting to steal the blinds ?
The questions include: how tall is my stack? Are there any super short stacks to my left? In what position am I in? Is it necessary for me to steal here? If the BB re-raises, how much of my stack will I be risking? And finally, If I slow play my hand here, will it be profitable on a regular basis?

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are looking to steal blinds then your last consideration will be the cards you are holding. Like others have said here you should be thinking about position, stack sizes, and player reads. If you are in a tournament then the stage it's at would be very important. If players are just trying to hang on they will readily give up their blinds.

But, the number one thought I think some folks neglect the most is what you will do if your opponents do not fold. You should have a plan and stick to it.

C

Complx_Poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get called, is my hand likely to have positive EV post flop.
If I get re-raised, will I be able to call.
If I get shoved, Can I call.

Is this player likely to fold (Are they short stack)
Does this player not like people stealing blinds (Shoves all in to a blind steal)
Is the player I am attempting to steal from Tight or aggressive. If they are aggressive it is probably not wise to steal.

If I shove all in, what percentage of my stack will I lose if they call and win the hand. If it's less than 10% then it is a lot safer to do so.

Same goes for when you are the Big Blind and someone tries to steal your blind. If it is less than 10% of your stack to call, and you have at least a moderate hand, you should be calling to protect your blind.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only bluff the two blinds. Your hand is rubbish, but you have only two players to beat. The only questions I ask is how big are their stacks and how much do I have to raise to scare them off. If your hand is good enough to play if you are called, it's not a bluff.