Stats at micro vs higher stakes

S

svenoaks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm basically just starting out at NL holdem, playing 2c/5c on bodog. I am a winner at these stakes so far, but only after 10k or so hands. Reading books and anything I can find online.

One thing I've seen around is that winning players have somewhere in the vicinity of 50-60% win at showdown. My showdown win percentage was in the 80's. When I "tried" to play more hands to showdown it seems I lost quite a bit of profit by losing expensive showdowns. Could it be that at the lowest stakes it is more profitable to have a higher showdown win %?

Also it seems I am limping in quite a bit more than the winning players who are raising more preflop. Same question applies.

Thanks.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you should rely to much on those stats in particular, there are more important stats/reads you should be paying attention to than that.

You find more people will call with any draw or even bottom pair down to show down at the micro limits, it's jsut standard, so in theory you should have a higher percentage. If you are trying to force playing more hands to get a higher winning percentage then you're basically trying to bluff players and it's just not happening, like I say for reasons at micros you often will get callers right down to the river.

You should still have a higher showdown percentage at showdown if you are a winning player though, just bet your strong hands and you get paid of, simple as that and fold when played back at and of course try not to bluff to much.