najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Your analysis is very interesting.
I see some players bluff when there is A or K on the table, even when they are in BB and only calling. It's complicated to call when you don't have those cards, but in BB there are a lot of donkeybets, so depending on the bets it's worth paying and winning with low pair.
I think knowing who you are playing against helps a lot. You can't really call bets on a flop like A9Q if you are holding 66 unless you have a good reason to do so.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
" How to spot a bluff?!." By my opinion, this is practically impossible to understand by end, especially in online game!..
Because you don't know exactly, who is stays for this nickname... This means: without seeing your opponent this do is very difficult!..
But this is only my private opinion...

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think knowing who you are playing against helps a lot. You can't really call bets on a flop like A9Q if you are holding 66 unless you have a good reason to do so.
It is true, the more we know about our opponent the better to make better decisions.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
" How to spot a bluff?!." By my opinion, this is practically impossible to understand by end, especially in online game!..
Because you don't know exactly, who is stays for this nickname... This means: without seeing your opponent this do is very difficult!..
But this is only my private opinion...
I agree that in online poker it's more difficult to read your opponents, but besides a few helpful tricks like the time they take to act and the betting pattern, we should be watching for tendencies all the time and taking notes. Every piece of information is crucial.
So, difficult ? Yes. Impossible ? No.
We all know that a lot of players are doing very well online !

Bazil777

Bazil777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there! Here are some tips on how to spot a bluff in poker:

1. Pay attention to your opponent's betting patterns. If they suddenly make a large bet or raise, they may be trying to bluff you into folding.
  2. Watch for any changes in your opponent's behavior. If they seem nervous or fidgety, it could be a sign that they are bluffing.
  3. Look at the board and consider what hands your opponent could have. If the board is particularly scary or there are many possible draws, your opponent may be bluffing.
  4. Consider your opponent's position. If they are in a late position and have shown no interest in the hand until now, they may be trying to steal the pot.
  5. Use your instincts. If something doesn't feel right, it may be a sign that your opponent is bluffing.
Remember, bluffing is a common tactic in poker and even experienced players can fall for it. However, by paying attention to your opponent's behavior and using these tips, you can increase your chances of spotting a bluff and making a successful hero call.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
bluffing your opponent is watching him and his game. If your opponent has been bluffing several times already, and in the future it will be easier for you to find out that it is him and he is bluffing more than necessary and you will bluff him and he will pay a lot

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Experts say that bluffing is only necessary if you are playing with beginners who are still poorly versed in this game and are not strong opponents for you. You can also bluff with semi-professionals who are often indecisive. Bluffing against professionals will be ineffective, and you will rather ruin your reputation and become famous for your inability to correctly apply tricky poker techniques.First of all, you must understand that the bluff must be as appropriate as possible, only then it will be effective. Players often talk about how their opponents determine the fact that they are bluffing. This only indicates that you are bluffing inappropriately or doing it too often. If you want to get the most out of this technique, you need to learn how to act correctly during the game. Before you decide to bluff, be sure to study your opponent so that the effectiveness is as high as possible.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi there! Here are some tips on how to spot a bluff in poker:

1. Pay attention to your opponent's betting patterns. If they suddenly make a large bet or raise, they may be trying to bluff you into folding.
  2. Watch for any changes in your opponent's behavior. If they seem nervous or fidgety, it could be a sign that they are bluffing.
  3. Look at the board and consider what hands your opponent could have. If the board is particularly scary or there are many possible draws, your opponent may be bluffing.
  4. Consider your opponent's position. If they are in a late position and have shown no interest in the hand until now, they may be trying to steal the pot.
  5. Use your instincts. If something doesn't feel right, it may be a sign that your opponent is bluffing.
Remember, bluffing is a common tactic in poker and even experienced players can fall for it. However, by paying attention to your opponent's behavior and using these tips, you can increase your chances of spotting a bluff and making a successful hero call.
Thank you for the nice contribution Bazil. Those are definitely very useful tips for live poker. We should memorize them and think about them every time before we sit at a poker table.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
bluffing your opponent is watching him and his game. If your opponent has been bluffing several times already, and in the future it will be easier for you to find out that it is him and he is bluffing more than necessary and you will bluff him and he will pay a lot
Agree Gallarado. Watching your opponents continuously during the game provides crucial information that you can exploit later on like you said.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is easier to analyze a player in cash tables when you have a few number of hands to analyze. Worse if you are playing in a tourney and changing the table every few hands. Additional, in a tournament the number of bluffs depends on the phase of the tournament. In late phase for me it's more than 40%. Is it a bluff then or show of aggressive play and strength - it depends on each individual

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
True. The more time you spend on the same table, the easier it becomes to know your opponents tendencies, to bluff, catch bluffs and exploit any leaks or mistakes you would've noticed. And I agree that it's way more possible and feasible on a cash game than in a tournament.
Good point mate, thank you.
It is easier to analyze a player in cash tables when you have a few number of hands to analyze. Worse if you are playing in a tourney and changing the table every few hands. Additional, in a tournament the number of bluffs depends on the phase of the tournament. In late phase for me it's more than 40%. Is it a bluff then or show of aggressive play and strength - it depends on each individual
True. The more time you spend on the same table, the easier it becomes to know your opponents tendencies, to bluff, catch bluffs and exploit any leaks or mistakes you would've noticed. And I agree that it's way more possible and feasible on a cash game than in a tournament.
Good point mate, thank you.