Split win on the River

XChess1971

XChess1971

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I was wondering if I wasn't supposed to be beaten by better pair instead of splitting the pot. My opponent went ALL IN.
Any clue???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240201-123158_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240201-123158_Chrome.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 33
T

The_Kid456

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Both your hands tie in points. If players have 2 pairs, it's only the higher pair that is used to break the tie. If that makes sense. He definitely had the better hand but it doesn't really matter what cards made up the lower scoring pair. And I think this is because if you start looking into the bottom pair scoring it could become very confusing.
For example what if one player had Q ,Q,J,J and the other had K,K,2,2. If you were to look at the bottom pair you could say that player one should win, or maybe they should tie because they both had one pair that was better then there opponents.
Because of this it's easier to just look at the Top pair and say that you two both had a pair of aces, and we'll as another pair

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Both your hands tie in points. If players have 2 pairs, it's only the higher pair that is used to break the tie. If that makes sense. He definitely had the better hand but it doesn't really matter what cards made up the lower scoring pair. And I think this is because if you start looking into the bottom pair scoring it could become very confusing.
For example what if one player had Q ,Q,J,J and the other had K,K,2,2. If you were to look at the bottom pair you could say that player one should win, or maybe they should tie because they both had one pair that was better then there opponents.
Because of this it's easier to just look at the Top pair and say that you two both had a pair of aces, and we'll as another pair
...none of that is how it works, none...

XChess1971

XChess1971

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't recall the whole history....

XChess1971

XChess1971

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
For a moment I thought that the second pair would decide the battle. But in this case it matters only that after all of the bets in the "river" just the two pairs count. No additional card to outbalance the play. I guess she got paid only 24.00 because she bet less????

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If you have the same top pair then the second best pair wins. If you have 2 same pairs then the higher Kicker wins. In this case AA ans KK should win. Unless there are some unknowns that you haven't provided.

jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you have the same top pair then the second best pair wins. If you have 2 same pairs then the higher Kicker wins. In this case AA ans KK should win. Unless there are some unknowns that you haven't provided.
Exactly. Maybe the other player had a low stack and you won a side pot?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly. Maybe the other player had a low stack and you won a side pot?
Yes this is, what happened. Hero won 48$ from the side pot, and Villain won 24$ from the main pot. If it was a chopped pot, they would have won 36$ each.