Which are some mistakes you keep on making?

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I'm going to repost as I ****ing liked the comment Mr Gon, it's nothing but the truth but it was said in a coherent context, well done!
credit goes to Einstein not him :p

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
They're just the best starting hands, not Willy Wonka's golden tickets.

On a 772 flop, obviously 72 is King....but you can always hit that 1 card to beat them.

Unfortunately it doesn't happen to me, I don't hit a flush, I don't hit outs, things are bad for me.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
credit goes to Einstein not him :p

It wasn't Einstein who posted the message here, how can I give credit to him? Credits to whoever posted the message.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just had a perfect example tonight.... I was within just 12 places of getting a seat in tonight's Sunday Million.. I probably could have held on with the stack size I had so I should have waited

Most frustrating part for me is that I qualified for this sat during week. This one was 100 seat GTD into Sunday Million and you can't but into it direct, you has to qualify via the sat before. Your chips get carried over so I was only starting with 33K and the blinds started at 2k/4k with a 500 ante.

Over 600 players were in it, I started as one of the short stacks and then finished 112th.... Just 12 places from getting a seat in the Sunday Million tonight and who knows what could have happen if I got in.

Sickest man on cardchat tonight 🤮
You should have held on....you can fold AA if you think you have a chance of a seat.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've heard it said several times already, that second pair is a great hand to check call, think about it.
But we must be careful with the edge, because growing the pot in this case could be a disaster if the villain has the top pair. In this case, I prefer to check call, as I can lose fewer chips.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
But we must be careful with the edge, because growing the pot in this case could be a disaster if the villain has the top pair. In this case, I prefer to check call, as I can lose fewer chips.

That's exactly what I said, isn't it?

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
kkkkkkkkkkkkkk. So forgive me. My English is horrible!

Mine too, so I translate everything, I recommend that you install a translator in your browser and translate your messages before sending, review what you wrote to make sure it is correct, so it will be translated correctly and probably the vast majority will understand.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lacking concentration. Sometimes I will just drift off and do other things, surf the web, watch something, I will even pratice darts while I'm playing poker.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Getting involved in hands I don't need to. Over 5 hours in a tournament and it boiled down to just 2 silly mistakes like that and I was out
I was 2nd place chip leader with only 24 left out of over 1400 so all I needed to do was wait for premium hand.

another lesson learned 😕

Last edited:
PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I trust the cards I have more than once I have won several pots and then I end up losing due to an error of self-confidence too much

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are always the biggest mistakes on tilt and you immediately want to play very aggressively), but you can’t completely win tilt

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I consider a C-Bet I first look at who had the initiative ie who was the pre-flop raiser and if I'm heads up or in a multi way pot (MWP). Some guidelines I try to follow are: if in a MWP I generally check if I got a piece of the board ie bottom pair or I have an under pair or a marginally made hand as I want to keep the pot small and not bloat it and become pot committed. I think small hand small pot big hand big pot. So check call in these situations and reevaluate on the turn maybe your hand can make it to show down and be used as a bluff catcher. If you check call and they check to you on the turn as you have posn then float them and bet you might win the hand with the float play. So be thinking ahead one or two streets to what you will do have a counter strategy. If I totally miss the flop and it is a good board for my hand range and / or it is a neutral board then I will fire a C-Bet and I will fire again on the Turn unless I'm checked raised or a bad card comes like the turn card completes the flush. If on the flop I have a strong draw ie 12 outs or more and I'm out of posn I will check raise rep a very strong hand. Remember most flops miss most hands so the player with the initiative should maintain the initiative and momentum when possible. But of course some very dangerous or coordinated boards should be just check called and sometimes you have to fold your nice hand or draw if your opponent raises you and the poker math and hand equity is not in your favour. Look at your C-bet frequency it should not be 100% of the time even if your were the pre flop raiser consider hand type, who has the range advantage, texture of the board ie is it a dry flop, neutral, or very coordinated with lots of draws both flushes and straight draws and therefore dangerous. You might have to C-Bet to deny equity and protect your hand on some of the very coordinated boards. The size of your C-Bet is determined by again size of the pot and what you are trying to do with your bet. If I smashed the flop then I want to build the pot so 50-60 % bet, big hand big pot bet more or what you think your opponent will call look at the stack depths. If I need to bet to deny equity and protect my hand then 2/3 to pot size bet. Hope this helps.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
get mad when sessions don't go well even though i think i was doing well

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
My biggest mistakes i keep making is try to steal blinds with weak hands and cannot folding often enough if the blinds fight back. :(

L

LemonadeJooe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
SK
Chips
Hello,
great question.
My biggest mistake is calling too much when I know I am beat.
Also making hero calls on big river bets.
In overall I am too stubborn.
And also, sometimes forgetting to consider player type and making incorrect decisions based on that.