Software

Magical

Magical

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Again, I imagine this has been asked a lot of times!

Is there any cheap/free good to use software you'd recommend? Also, how helpful do you find the software? Once you understand theory, I'm sure it's great to understand hand%, equity and what the ideal bet suggestion is but do you not naturally do this anyway?

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I use flopzilla pro it’s like 25 bucks. It’s very easy to use. It’s great for making ranges and seeing how that range does against another range or a specific hand like AsKc. So it shows any equities you have questions about. It does quite a bit for you and it or software like it is a must if you want to get serious about your game. Good luck!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Equilab is a good piece of software that is free to use.

One bit of advice, you will get what you pay for in the free stuff. If you're going to be serious in improving your game, you may be better putting some money into the game. As the player above said, flopzilla ia really great and only $25.00 for lifetime access.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Equilab exists as free version from pokerstrategy.com, not as powerfull as flopzilla pro but for basic range analysis working fine.
H2N= Hand to Note tracker is free during beta (version 4) the old version 3 is free in the basic version and low stackes but without the pay features like dynamic HUD but thats forbidden on pokerstars I think.
So it's basic hand tracker for study, the logic is not as clear as in HM3 or PT4 but they are not free.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Is there any cheap/free good to use software you'd recommend? Also, how helpful do you find the software? Once you understand theory, I'm sure it's great to understand hand%, equity and what the ideal bet suggestion is but do you not naturally do this anyway?
I'd bet that 90% of players aren't making optimal bet sizing

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In top of, what others have said, there is also paid software, which allow you to use some functions without paying. For instance you can analyse one postflop spot per day with GTO Wizard without being a subscriber. ICMizer also used to give non-subscribers one free daily calculation, but reportedly that has been cancelled.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest downloading a free trial of PT4 and making the most of it during the trial period.
It should help you enough to be able to earn enough by the time the trial ends to pay for the full version.
Probably the best investment you'll ever make.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hi
I have been playing poker for over 5 years and I have never used any additional software. I don't see any need for it. I just play in freerolls, increase my bankroll and with the money I win I play in buy-in tournaments. And generally I have pretty good results without any additional software. In my opinion, the most important thing is just to be a member of the CardsChat community :)