Slow playing aces?

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I realy depends on buyin... On lower buyins it is dangerous because there is a lot of players in hands (usualy) and on bigger it cn be realy profitable!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think poker players need to be flexible and varied. Sometimes slowing down with AA is a must !!!

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, but it is not the only time. For example, suppose you are on the button, two players limped, and there is an aggressive player in the big blind who often likes to squeeze in this spot. Then, limping with aces can make a lot of sense, because you likely will be able to make a large 3-bet, isolate the raiser, and win more chips than if you had raised the limpers.

For a different example, suppose you are in the big blind, the player under the gun raises, and it folds all around to you. If you 3-bet the UTG raiser from the BB, that will look very strong and the UTG raiser might fold or play very cautiously. Again, calling with aces can make a lot of sense in this spot.

Great examples sx. These are the kind of things people should be thinking about during a hand.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost always play AA aggressive. The only way that I will even think slow play is if I'm sure that a check-raise is possible. There's nothing like a well timed check raise to tilt an opponent.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not slow play aces unless the following two situations apply.

1 - Everyone before me folded and I have an hyper aggressive player behind me. Even then I am likely just hoping he raises so I can re-raise.

2 - I am super short stacked and hoping that can get a lot of callers, be lucky and have them hold up.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the times I go all-in with AA's pre-flop.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
while slowplaying aces is indeed dangerous ....the problem is that often when you have aces everybody folds to a raise xD lol

i sometimes slowplay them too but when i notice i am beat i can let them go

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In my opinion, we can slowplay AA against a single player and not in multiwayn, it's okay if the board allows it (dry board) :)