• Total voters
Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you not showing to give an impression tho ? Hey I only play solid cards ? Then play the 10-2 bluff with same betting plan ? Use every available option out there not to get called when playing #RobinHood

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I show them only to rub it in =) Bluff or a floped nuts... something like that
Isn't there a danger in doing that? That it makes you more unbelievable after, so bluffing becomes more hard afterwards? Or are you just doing it rarely?

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i rarely show my cards.... the odd occasion, when an opponent fold and shows their hand i might... if i have the nuts... show them their fold was good and build a bit of a rep..

if they're polite at the table, etc i would do this.... if it's been some a$s mkaing annoying comments, super aggressive or making super dumb plays, then i won't...

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This really depends on your play style. If you are a solid TAG, who has picked up garbage and played it like nuts, forcing your opponent to fold, then why not? It could only cause them to go on tilt, since your image at the table until that point has been (presumably) of a TAG player.

Generally, though, I would agree with the people, who say that showing is only losing in the long term. I think showing is much better live than online, since your opponents reactions remain unknown.

You are basically showing your game, when you show cards. It is up to the individual.

K

kishiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. Often I see players showing their cards, both the winning as folding ones. To be honest, most of the time I don't understand why one would do that. You're only giving away information that way, no? That being said, I must say I mostly play MTT's with a low buy-in (from freeroll to 11 dollar). Could it be that the showing of cards is mostly done by beginners or people who only keep playing poker without studying more about the game? Or am I mistaken?

The only time I show my cards, is when an opponent had to make a hero fold and if my hand was clearly the best. But at those times I do it strategically, so the other one knows he made a good fold, in the hope he'll fold again in another difficult situation. So now I'm wondering if you guys show your cards, when and why?

Ye u are right. I will never show my cards because my opponents will take informations about me for example that im bleffing or playing only with strong hands.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't there a danger in doing that? That it makes you more unbelievable after, so bluffing becomes more hard afterwards? Or are you just doing it rarely?

Sometimes =)
If you show good plays 100% - people will not play with you, you will be the reg who steeals blinds with AKs, cool right?
If you show fish play people will take your cash but if they dont know what you play at the moment it's hardeк to put you on a hand/range and you have no fold equity

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love when players show their whole cards and confirm i made a good lay down! Free information. when i 1st started playing online poker way back when.. i would show a lot of good hands cause i didn't want action when i raised. But now a days i don't like to show, but i do on rare occasion to rub it in against abusive raisers to slow them down.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. It's either take it down or leave them second guessing themselves.

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't show

The only time I show is when they make me. I assume people that do show are doing it strategically. Whether they are donky cards or good cards. I feel it helps to think every player knows what they are doing or they wouldn't be playing. Helps me to make better hands to call on. When u win most your showdowns on calls they start folding more to your min bets. It helps me focus on positions too. I hope this helps somehow.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel showing an occasional hand can be useful. If I made a good bluff I may show even trying to bluff 3 or 4 times and show. Then if I get the nuts I will try a bet in the same style trying to draw a call. I fee showing can be a useful tool if used right.:D:D

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never.

Less information is always better.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stopped showing cards. I don't really see the point of giving away free information.

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:fight: :fight: :top: I'm so happy with all of your replies. Lots to think about ... mostly interesting replies. After reading all I'm also wondering: probably there is no right or wrong answer. It all depends on your own style, the table, the aggressiveness of the others and so on ... let your thought coming ... :handkiss: :handkiss: :handkiss:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I show my cards only when I have played them very well and I have the nuts and he folds so as to think , he and the rest of the table , that on similar occasions that I bet too much I might have very very good hands , but not every time , when I judge I should do so , like on the occasion you said , when he is forsed to make a hero fold . I used to show them more often but I saw that it had no effect on the gameplay , thet didn't stop them stealing the blinds , overbetting , respecting more my bets etc , so now I give almost no info at all .

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show cards only if someone goes all in i have deeper stack and i fold. then i show why i didnt call