to show or not to show

H

houtlijm

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i strongly recommend to never show your cards. if they want that information they have to go to the showdown with you

H

Hardcorecake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't show..occasionally well drunk I have...but even in the example you posted of trying to put a guy on tilt it's a bad idea in my opinion 1 the whole table will know your capable of bluffing with crap in a big hand....2 the other guy will probably never fold to you again so you better make sure you have it...the image I like to give off at the table 'I always have the hand and don't bluff'...I would say about 30% of the hands I win are because of a bluff but they don't know that and I wouldn't like them to know that

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't show the cards. There's no guarantee vllain is even paying attn with all those multi-tablers out there. Additionally, showing the card may not have the effect you think it will.

W

waikato08

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it is totally up to you if you choose to show you hand or not. If a player folds, and shows what they folded, you are not under any obligation to show yours.
When a player folds under pressure and show me their folding hand, I sometimes show-but will only show my weakest card, or my non paired card. This puts them on tilt and they start to get more aggressive and make more mistakes.
Sometimes, if I hit a boat or a really good hand, I may show on a rare occasion. If I bluff and push them off I WILL show.
Otherwise, I usually have a rule, especially in big pots;
You want to see my hand, then call my raise.
But if you dont want to show, then you dont have to. And you have nothing to feel guilty about