should i have called this?

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was on the other end of a similar situation yesterday. I had top pair 10s with a weak 8 kicker and flush draw, but a 7 on the turn put two 7’s on the board (and gave me that flush draw). The button bet about 75c into a pot of $1 after three checks. 2 players folded. At CO, after thinking it over and putting him on a 7, I decided to call it with what I thought was 11 outs. The river was Ah, giving me the flush. I decided to shove it all in, a little over pot sized bet… but damn he had A7. The worst possible card for me. I didn’t think he would be betting with a flush draw on the turn because he’d be vulnerable to an all in reraise, so I didn’t fear a higher flush.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another one, should I have called/folded?

This was a tight player. So when she reraised me all in preflop, there was only a narrow range of hands. Likely AK, JJ-AA.

I was very close to folding because I thought I was looking at KK or AA there.

But, the hand right before, I had beaten her with a set vs. top pair (both hands were made on the flop). I didn't double up due to a scary board making me check the river but it was an okay pot. And she had misplayed another hand earlier so I was hoping she might be tilting a bit and shoving on the lower end of that hand range. And I was running good tonight, so I decided to call, hoping it was AK or JJ. Plus, I felt that she might not have shoved everything if she had AA.

Blinds: $0.020/$0.05
Site: Pokerstars
Dealt to UTG:Q♦ Q♥
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
Hero raises $0.15 to $0.20
4 players fold.
BB raises $11.06 to $11.26 [ all-in ]
Hero calls [$3.40] [ all-in ]
Uncalled bet ($7.66) returned to BB
Total folds this street: 4
Potsize: $14.88
Flop:
5♦ 8♠ 9♣
Turn:
A♠
River:
K♣
Results:
BB shows a pair of Jacks:
J♦ J♣
Hero shows a pair of Queens:
Q♦ Q♥
Hero collected $6.87 from pot

thepokerkid123

thepokerkid123

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again, buy in for 100bb, it's really, really important. Seriously that alone will add a lot to your winrate. The only alternative is buying in at 20bb which means playing SS strategy which is only very marginally proffitable and you're likely to have the entire poker community knocking on your door armed with torches and pitchforks.

Buying in between 20bb-100bb is really bad, buy in for 100bb, it is by far the most proffitable option.

In this hand, with a $3.40 effective stack it's an easy call.
If you had $10 then I think it's really close but probably a call, at 200bb deep I wouldn't mind folding QQ pre-flop especially to a tight player but when she shoves like that my guess is she's just scared of seeing overcards on the flop. With that being said, I don't know for sure what I'd say if I couldn't see what her cards were, it would be kinda close between folding/calling if the stacks were deeper.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
<snip>

Blinds: $0.00/$0.00
Site: Pokerstars

<snip>

Where can I find these no blind games on pokerstars?

Is it too difficult to post full hand histories from pokerstars?

Having stack sizes, positions, and the complete information would help some people be able to make better suggestions.

My sugestion for you on your original post is don't just put players on hands you can beat--this will lose you a lot of money. And, with AK you are drawing to a hand--you don't have one yet. When you hit a King on that flop, it's just one pair.