Should I go all in at this time ?

C

Chozen223

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Should I go all in with AK with 5 people with and I’m on Small blind ?

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This information is simply not enough to give you a clear answer. As always it depends.....
from the structure, format and stage of the tournament, from the size of your stack, and the size of the stack of each of your opponents. There are many factors that must be taken into account.

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Yes. You should go all in preflop if your stack is less than 10BB

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion you should go ALL In, small blind poker is a good position with a game like this!:ah4::ks4:

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since there are 5 people, it might be better not to do it.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

There are several reasons for going all-in on any hand, but personally I would prefer to do it with a pocket pair in my hand especially if I believe that the other 5 players are playing A/K or A/Q etc. They cannot all be holding an Ace as you have one already, so at least 2 of them are holding a pair and if the other 3 all had A/K you stand no chance of winning even against a pair of 2s, unless you hit a straight and then it would be a 4 way chop so what's the point? of going all-in.
Sure you could scare away the other players, but if you are only getting rid of the Ace rag hands you still cannot hit those Aces even on the River, as they are dead already.
Going all-in against one player calling or simply limping in might be one strategy, but against 4 limpers, I would be very cautious! because you will get callers and maybe more than you expect.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I see this is your first post here on CardsChat - welcome!

To get the best feedback and advice, try to give as much detail as you can as the responses could vary wildly depending on the situation.

Cash or Tournament
Stakes / Buy-in
Effective Stack
If a tournament, what stage of the tournament
Significant notes on players or the table in general

Having said all that, I'm struggling to think of a situation where I would be happy calling off with AK here. Against 5 opponents, you are likely going to be up against at least one pair with some of your outs removed as other players will have an A or a K quite a high percentage of the time.

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
As a newbie player, going all-in preflop with AK in a full-ring game is not recommended. It is a strong hand, but it's not invincible, especially against multiple opponents. There are situations where going all-in with AK can be appropriate, such as in the late stages of a tournament when you have a short stack and need to take risks to accumulate chips.

However, in most cases, I believe it's better to raise a standard amount, about 3–4x the BB with AK, to build the pot and gain information about your opponents' hands. If you face a reraise or multiple callers, it might be wiser to proceed with caution rather than risking all your chips preflop. But it's just my 1 cent.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Based on the information provided it's hard to say 100%, what you should be doing in such situation, but my general advice would be to avoid going all in with a hand like AK preflop, especially if you have a lot of people in the pot already and expect them to call. You will most likely need to hit something on the board and even then it sometimes isn't enough.
Only acceptable all in with that hand would be if you are really short stacked in tournament play if you ask me.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi that depends if you have information about your opponents, your stack, and if you play aggressively you can go all in.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
nope unless everyone limped and you've got nearly double the size of the next highest player