Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are all in there.
You should be looking to win and not just cash!

:cool:

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are that short stacked, you most likely were waiting for a hand like this. I would have to say shove myself. I don't really know if you are saying itm or every one gets the same money, as in a sat. It might makes some difference then.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By SS, I'm sure he means short on chips but not the shortest stack in the tourney. In that case he would be correct.
I still disagree with this. It's just this type of thinking that makes stealing on the bubble so easy. Satellite bubbles have a way of dragging on forever with the short stacks often taking down pots uncontested or doubling up with a decent hand vs a big stack trying to play traffic cop. You'd be very sorry indeed to get blinded out or forced to shove a mediocre hand because you passed on a opportunity to get it in good.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a difference on how you play these hands in a MTT Tournament and a Satellite Mtt tournament.

Without getting in to all the differences the OP should fist pump and Push. Never limp into the money UNLESS it is a Satellite tourney

Weregoat

Weregoat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree.

With myself mostly.

Shove here. (And the people who say that.)

Thanks for making this 114th 'fold monster hand preflop to bubble thread'. =P

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shortstacked with QQ on the Bubble

There are several nice comments in this thread. Not that that really makes a difference. My reading of poker books and information leads me to a couple of comments.

1) Phil H. noted in one of his books something about various stages of a tournament. This included comments about folding a monster hand very early in a tournament because you are at that point just trying to get to the money. Especially if you know you have a very tight player or a bunch of donkeys behind you to act.

2) full tilt poker Academy "Sit and Learns" indicate as you approach the bubble you should be really opening up your game just a little because everyone else in tightening up just so they can make the money for sure and that is a good time to steal blinds and antes.

3) My personal feelings are to re-raise and then come over the top if someone pushes all in.

B

bobboss171

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short stack withKK or QQ on the bubble

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
In this case you certainly presented with KK or QQ i go all in
why I have a good chance to go up in chips and play again
normally the tournament, losing ... accepted that it would lose at least tried.

R

redwulf25_ci

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all.

I was in a tournament last night and I was very short stacked but there were only a few more people to be eliminated before the prize money. I was dealt KK but decided to fold because I knew in a table full of donkeys with big stacks I would have been called right away by at least 2 people. It was better for me to fold because I was almost broke and needed to make the money. I think most people would say that you have to play KK, but what about QQ? Do you fold and make the money or risk getting called by multiple people and getting knocked out of the tournament?

You are short stacked in a table is full of donkeys and you are are almost in the money:

What hands do you play and which hands would you fold?

You don't FOLD KK or QQ in that situation you go all in. Someone's already meantioned but playing with scared money is the quickest way to loose.

R

redwulf25_ci

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a difference on how you play these hands in a MTT Tournament and a Satellite Mtt tournament.

Without getting in to all the differences the OP should fist pump and Push. Never limp into the money UNLESS it is a Satellite tourney

Or you're setting a trap and expect your victim to raise you.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK, QQ shortstacked that's an insta-shove. If you are a few spots on the bubble and you are short stacked that is still an insta-shove. With the high blinds and antes, you could very well be blinded out. I think most of us have been in tournaments where the bubble play just goes on and on and on and on and with a premium pair you need take advantage of that. Also keep in mind, just about everyone else at the tables doesn't want to take a hit to their stack so they are going to be inclined to fold.

glenn6971

glenn6971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing that wasn't mentioned was position. Were you UTG, MP, LP? The only way I would fold UTG is if I know everyone in front plays super loose. Other than that it is a instashove. MP or LP there is not a decision to make, SHOVE IT! What was your table image like before getting near the bubble. Were you playing tight during your time on this table? If so, a shove gets you the blinds most of the time and a little breathing room. If you had been playing loose then you may get 2 or 3 callers and a butt load of chips if your hand holds and puts you in position to make a run at better money.
I played to cash when I first began playing poker and my ROI was horrible. Now since I have been playing to win my ROI has increased, not a lot but it has increased over the playing to cash strategy. It will take a while for my ROI to improve because of my play to cash startegy in the beginning but it will improve to where I want it to be eventually.

Sumun

Sumun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it happens to me too, it may be low money cashed, but if you have a small bankroll you think it twice

anyway i would shove here, its a great opportunity to be back up

and if its a satellite mtt, and im sure that folding the rest of hands i will win, so i stall time and fold
if you are not sure of cashing the entry, better you shove

and thats a good advice to play to win and not to place, ill keep it in mind, some times i do stupid thinks forgetting that

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK is a very strong hand and there is no doubt in my mind it is aan all in shove in these circumstances. Okay of course you can loose but you can loose with any hand. At some point in a tourney you need to take a chance and this seems a good chance to me. If it were a qualifier where all who made it past te bubble got into the next round I could see the logic in folding but not if it is to get into the money.

O

oleg20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
folding KK! OMG, I just virtually slapped you across the face, I hope it virtually hurt you.
It does virtually hurt. My bad for making a stupid thread. I guess at that point I was just happy to make the money and didn't wanna risk it but it is obviously not the point of poker to just cash. I was just trying to justify poor play which was a result of bad BR management and me playing with "scared" money".

You play to win the game - Herm Edwards ( ex-NFL head coach)