Rosivan Oliveira

Rosivan Oliveira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ROI - NEGATIVE - 20%.
How do I change the strategy to have a ROI - POSITIVE.
HUG
VANZAO69

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
ROI - NEGATIVE - 20%.
HUG
VANZAO69
if you look my pokerstars roi (ZANERPVP) you will see i'm negative -13% i change my play mode i'm start playing on gg poker (Zaner21)only smalest tournament and my ROI in gg poker is up+33% and i'm try at this moment up my Pokerstars ROI

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Simple:
Win more than you invest in buyins. 😜

Haha just kidding.
My ROI is still negative as well but I'm working on that with trying to study and improve my game!

You can review important hands you lost and post them here in the forum for advice, for example.

We also have a lot of articles on poker strategy at CC and also a 30 day poker course to step up your game.

Happy studying!

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
ROI - NEGATIVE - 20%.
HUG
VANZAO69
It also depends on how many different buy-ins and how many tournaments are counted for the -ROI.
Being in the money at 10 0.25 SNG and not cashing a $10 tournament also yields a -ROI
Scanning your own game for leaks and learning, learning, learning is also helpful.

Rosivan Oliveira

Rosivan Oliveira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you look my Pokerstars roi (ZANERPVP) you will see i'm negative -13% i change my play mode i'm start playing on gg poker (Zaner21)only smalest tournament and my ROI in gg poker is up+33% and i'm try at this moment up my Pokerstars ROI
THANK YOU,

Rosivan Oliveira

Rosivan Oliveira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Simple:

Haha just kidding.
My ROI is still negative as well but I'm working on that with trying to study and improve my game!

You can review important hands you lost and post them here in the forum for advice, for example.

We also have a lot of articles on poker strategy at CC and also a 30 day poker course to step up your game.

Happy studying!
THANK YOU,

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is difficult to say without knowing, how you play, and what you are possibly doing wrong. But I have checked your sharkscope profile, and you are clearly a losing player over a large sample of more than 14.000 games. You are actually up 243$, but this is only thanks to cashing in a highroller event, which presumably you satellited into. In regular MTTs you have lost in the majority of game types, you have played, even down to 1,1$ games, and many of the losses are significant like a negative 50% ROI.

So this is not just variance, and you clearly need to work on your game to see better results. As Andyreas say, a good starting point is to take the free CC 30-day course and share some hand histories in the tournament hand analysis forum. I will also recommend some changes to game selection. Until now you have played many different games including a lot of satellites. Until you can show consistent results you should limit yourself to the micros, which is anything up to 4,4$ MTTs. And you should not play anything higher, nor play any satellites, until you can show some results over a sample of at least 1.000 games.

You might also consider moving to SnGs for less variance and a faster idea about, how you are doing. This could be the "on demand" games, or it could be Fifty/50 SnGs. At least these are the two formats, where I have seen the best results. SnGs are more simple and mechanical games than MTTs, and if you cant beat SnGs, or at least break even (considering the rake), you most likely cant beat MTTs either. I dont think changing site is the solution for you. This is clearly more than the games on PokerStars possibly being a bit tougher than elsewhere.

Barthjolomeu

Barthjolomeu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
ROI - NEGATIVE - 20%.
HUG
VANZAO69
I think it is better to think: How do i get better?

First, forget about your ROI, and focus on your game, your decisions each hand.

I suggest you to review your hands, and look for what part of the game u make the majority of mistakes. Is it on preflop decisions? Flop? Do you use to call knowing that u are losing vs the x/raise river because frustation? Do u bluff enough on rivers? 3bet enough? etc etc.

After knowing where are you mistakes that happen more often, just focus on getting better at one per time.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
ROI - NEGATIVE - 20%.
HUG
VANZAO69

Simple:

Haha just kidding.

You want to pad your stats and pretend to the world you are a 'leet' player?
Then exclusively playing cheap SnG's are an easy way to turn a small profit over time, and give you a positive ROI.

Andreas, I think you are well capable of playing the cheapest SnGs and boosting your ROI to >50%.
But at the end of the day you're grinding and only winning a pittance.

If you enjoy playing the majority of your poker in big ass field MTT's (where any payout is meaningful )....then I'd ask why are you bothered?

Are there special freerolls for +25% ROI players?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you enjoy playing the majority of your poker in big ass field MTT's (where any payout is meaningful )....then I'd ask why are you bothered?
Sorry, maybe I didn't phrase myself correctly.

I don't intent to 'manipulate' my ROI to become positive just for the sake of showing as a profitable player.

But I'm aware that my game still has leaks and without the CC freerolls or any other promotions, I wouldn't be overall profitable. And ofc, I'd like to change that. 🤓

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Simple:

Haha just kidding.

Happy studying!
How can your ROI be negative with reaching four figures? Cause I know you have more discipline than me when it comes to bankroll management ^^

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sorry, maybe I didn't phrase myself correctly.

I don't intent to 'manipulate' my ROI to become positive just for the sake of showing as a profitable player.

But I'm aware that my game still has leaks and without the CC freerolls or any other promotions, I wouldn't be overall profitable. And ofc, I'd like to change that. 🤓

No, you have my apologies.

I was speaking in general, hence why I quoted both of you. The intent was to not have you fixate on ROI.

I don't know what you mean by your game having leaks in this regard.
Having a 10% ROI at 10c, does not equate to 10% ROI at $100 stake...you aren't going to jump up in stake and be competitive.

You could have 150% ROI at low stakes, but are going to be crushed by better players in bigger stake games.
So ROI isn't an indication of skill set.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
How can your ROI be negative with reaching four figures? Cause I know you have more discipline than me when it comes to bankroll management ^^
Interesting question. 🤓

I think the full answer would take me a while but here are my sharkscopes:
Screenshot 2023 02 01 12 53 11 76 cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da

So I'm indeed positive in 888 with a lovely ROI but it's mainly due to one big win in an MTT with 2/1k participants and my volume not being large enough to cope for that. (ACR is incorrect since it doesn't take into account those are freerolls.)

But in Pokerstars, this big win is definitely still waiting, I hope! 🤣

The reason that I'm still making money on PS and BOL is due to TM$ giveaways on BOL and mainly the CC frerrolls on PS. Sharkscope is a little off for Chico and PS though due to it not taking into account the winning of TM$ properly.

But I think I'm still not profitable with only regular winnings on those sites. 🤔

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I think I'm still not profitable with only regular winnings on those sites. 🤔
I checked your Sharkscope profile for PokerStars, and I think, the sample is still to small to really conclude anything. Your total ROI, which is more important than the average one, is -7,1%, which is not that bad over a sample of just 854 games. You have also been playing around with satellites including some for Sunday Million and other large events. This is poor bankroll management and drive up variance. So if your goal is to show a consistent positive ROI, then start by getting rid of satellites and only play games, you are bankrolled for. A bit like the advice I gave to OP :)

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello Rosivan,

If you are Brazilian or speak Portuguese, I suggest following the channel Felipe Carmanhani on Youtube. The guy there reviews tournaments and gives a lot of tips.

If you are not Portuguese speaking, follow the Card Chat poker school videos. It's very good and has essential lessons to improve your ROI.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It also depends on how many different buy-ins and how many tournaments are counted toward the -ROI.
Being in the money at 10 0.25 SNG and not discounting a $10 tournament also yields a -ROI
Scanning your own game for any leakage and learn, learn, learn is also useful.
True. That's why it's good for the player to comply with their bank limit. In my case I play in most of the 1.10 tournaments, because I'm still a beginner. This way, I keep my buy-ins regular and can make the appropriate statistics.

Rosivan Oliveira

Rosivan Oliveira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is difficult to say without knowing, how you play, and what you are possibly doing wrong. But I have checked your Sharkscope profile, and you are clearly a losing player over a large sample of more than 14.000 games. You are actually up 243$, but this is only thanks to cashing in a highroller event, which presumably you satellited into. In regular MTTs you have lost in the majority of game types, you have played, even down to 1,1$ games, and many of the losses are significant like a negative 50% ROI.

So this is not just variance, and you clearly need to work on your game to see better results. As Andyreas say, a good starting point is to take the free CC 30-day course and share some hand histories in the tournament hand analysis forum. I will also recommend some changes to game selection. Until now you have played many different games including a lot of satellites. Until you can show consistent results you should limit yourself to the micros, which is anything up to 4,4$ MTTs. And you should not play anything higher, nor play any satellites, until you can show some results over a sample of at least 1.000 games.

You might also consider moving to SnGs for less variance and a faster idea about, how you are doing. This could be the "on demand" games, or it could be Fifty/50 SnGs. At least these are the two formats, where I have seen the best results. SnGs are more simple and mechanical games than MTTs, and if you cant beat SnGs, or at least break even (considering the rake), you most likely cant beat MTTs either. I dont think changing site is the solution for you. This is clearly more than the games on PokerStars possibly being a bit tougher than elsewhere.
Thanks,

Really very clear and frank your words.

I like to play poker, I like to play at pokerstar for the format and prize pool, but I really need the value for my money.

I'm studying to correct my game with a range table.

Decreasing the number of open hands that were in frequency from 30% to 40% of the FLOPS.

I am very surprised and happy for the Cars Chat community.

Thank you from the heart.

Rosivan Oliveira

Rosivan Oliveira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Rosivan,

If you are Brazilian or speak Portuguese, I suggest following the channel Felipe Carmanhani on Youtube. The guy there reviews tournaments and gives a lot of tips.

If you are not Portuguese speaking, follow the Card Chat poker school videos. It's very good and has essential lessons to improve your ROI.
THANKS

I'm subscribed to Felipe Carmanhani and Yuri theNERDguy's youtube channel.
Let's change the game to do a new analysis.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play at pokerstar for the format and prize pool, but I really need the value for my money.
This is part of the problem. You are chasing after the dream of a large lucky score, which you actually got once by satelliting into a 5.100$ MTT, where you then made a small cash. But as you discovered, in between such lucky "binks" you are slowly bleeding money almost every session, you play. The solution is to give up this "get rich quick" dream in exchange for smaller but regular profit by playing SnGs or small field MTTs with up to around 300 participants.