Red Chip Poker CORE Training vs Upswing vs Blackrain79

Karpundir

Karpundir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am looking to improve my online poker game from casual to winning more often than not (not aiming to go pro or anything) and I was looking at a few online training options.

Currently, I am playing NL2 to learn, but would like to move up to higher stakes, as I can afford a bigger bankroll. The training options I have come across that seem interesting are:

- Red Chip Poker CORE
- Upswing Poker Lab
- Blackrain 79

Which of these would you recommend to start with? Pros & cons of each one?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Blackrain 79:s training is aimed at lower stakes cash games.

The other two are more advanced.

You can just use free materials like Jonathan Little and Doug Polk on YouTube- and forums like this one.

If you understand all that is given for free online you could easily beat the lowest stakes. And if you don't understand the free stuff, well the more expensive courses won't matter.

No need to invest in more advanced stuff until you have earned enough money to be able to pay for it with poker money.

There is no secrets: it is all about frequencies and tendencies, and how you can read your opponents.

GTO and balance plays a role at much higher stakes, since you for now want to exploit the weaker players to the max.

And Doug Polk is one of the owners and instructors of Upswing. He gives away almost everything regarding NLH on his Channel for free.

Peter Clarke also have a lot on youtube for free regarding NLH cash. If you want to buy anything he wrote a book called The Grinders Manual. Cheaper and easier to digest than courses.

Karpundir

Karpundir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your input, Pentazepam!

I have been watching YT videos from Blackrain79 regarding microstakes, since that is where I am playing right now. I do want to move up, but don't want to throw my money into low/mid stakes until I am more capable and consistent.

I will consume the free resources you mentioned and I also recently discovered an e-book called The Poker Blueprint: Advanced Strategies for Crushing Micro & Small Stakes NLHE by Aaron Davis and Tri Nguyen. Is anyone familiar with this book and are the authors a reputable source for learning?

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack