Recommended poker coaches?

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it worth it? I've seen a few of the most famous ones and their subscriptions tend to be expensive. Is there any that you would recommend that is not so expensive? I'm thinking on someone who can review hands with you and give specific advice to your style.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Is it worth it?
You are the only one who can answer that question.

How far have you become on your own? And how long have you been playing? Do you already know lots and lots about the game or are some areas still unclear? In my view coaching becomes useful when you reach a point that you might be too much set it your ways or have leaks that you can't detect.

Last edited:
I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it worth it? I've seen a few of the most famous ones and their subscriptions tend to be expensive. Is there any that you would recommend that is not so expensive? I'm thinking on someone who can review hands with you and give specific advice to your style.
If you search well here on the forum and filter through your experience, you will find a lot of useful content.
No one is better than you to know what works best for you, although it is interesting to see other points of view, you will always understand from your own perspective. Interest and insight will help. Good luck!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are the only one who can answer that question.

How far have you become on your own? And how long have you been playing? Do you already know lots and lots about the game or are some areas still unclear? In my view coaching becomes useful when you reach a point that you might be too much set it your ways or have leaks that you can't detect.
You want coaching way before you get set in anyways that are not good ways

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You don't need a coach who is very expensive because he understands very high limits, you should buy a coach just above your gaming limits, he will show your mistakes if you want to study and train, and there is also a way out to go to poker school for free, they will teach you for free and give you money for games, I think this option will suit you

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't need a coach who is very expensive because he understands very high limits, you should buy a coach just above your gaming limits, he will show your mistakes if you want to study and train, and there is also a way out to go to poker school for free, they will teach you for free and give you money for games, I think this option will suit you
A good coach does not teach you what strategies to use in what spot- a good coach looks at your skills and improves them. They find your leaks and your biases and they clean those up and they polish your strengths. They take the time to ask what you are thinking in a spot so that they can make sure you have the correct thought process.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Хороший тренер не учит вас, какие стратегии использовать в каком месте — хороший тренер смотрит на ваши навыки и совершенствует их. Они находят ваши утечки и предубеждения, устраняют их и полируют ваши сильные стороны. Они находят время, чтобы спросить, о чем вы думаете в каком-то месте, чтобы убедиться, что у вас правильный мыслительный процесс.
I didn't understand what you wanted at all, I didn't seem to say anything about how coaches are trained, if you want to talk about coaches, I can talk to a coach who looks at all aspects of the student, his shortcomings and advantages, if you are stronger at something, he will notice it and will improve, but if you are missing something and you have problems in the game in this regard, he will also teach you how to correct and think with arm ranges and think correctly with arm ranges and think The right coach has different qualities, the better the coach, the more he will ask for his training

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
u can try some coaching sites for trials, why not?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is no point in choosing a theoretician as your mentor. Poker can only be learned through practice. Therefore, the coach must be a player himself, and an active one at that. It is not worth taking lessons from non-practicing poker players, even if they showed positive results several years ago. At that time, it was possible to play for profit on the charts and with basic strategies. Now such an approach will not give a profit, even if you participate in hands at micro-limits.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I looked you up on sharkscope, and at least in tournaments you have almost no experience with under 200 games played on 4 sites, and most of them were freerolls. At this early stage of your development its pointless to hire a coach. Instead you should take advantage of free training material like the CC 30-day course. And then you simply need to practice and build a track record. Deposit $100 on your favourite site, and then start playing either cash games or tournaments (mainly SnGs) using bankroll management. If you are thinking about hiring a coach, you can certainly afford to deposit $100 and get out of the freeroll trap ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no point in choosing a theoretician as your mentor. Poker can only be learned through practice. Therefore, the coach must be a player himself, and an active one at that. It is not worth taking lessons from non-practicing poker players, even if they showed positive results several years ago. At that time, it was possible to play for profit on the charts and with basic strategies. Now such an approach will not give a profit, even if you participate in hands at micro-limits.
I agree, that you need to be critical about, who you purchase poker training from. There are many people, who tried to play poker professionally and either got tired of it or failed, and then they found another source of income from poker training. And if they did not play actively for a decade, a least there is a limit to, what you can learn from them, since they are out of touch with current player pool tendencies.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The answer to this sort of question will vary depending on your personal situation. Your playing experience and stakes as well as your real life money situation. If you are a micro stakes player with very little expendable income, spending $200 an hour on a coach would be a massive waste of time and money. Equally, if you're a medium to high stakes player and generating, say $1,000+ a month just from poker on top of your day job, investing that same $200 a month, could be the difference between being stuck at that level, or being able to give up your day job and being a full time pro.
I looked you up on Sharkscope, and at least in tournaments you have almost no experience with under 200 games played on 4 sites, and most of them were freerolls. At this early stage of your development its pointless to hire a coach. Instead you should take advantage of free training material like the CC 30-day course. And then you simply need to practice and build a track record. Deposit $100 on your favourite site, and then start playing either cash games or tournaments (mainly SnGs) using bankroll management. If you are thinking about hiring a coach, you can certainly afford to deposit $100 and get out of the freeroll trap ;)
This is critical information. Based on this, I absolutely would not recommend investing in a coach at this time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just want to add, that a good and completely free way to get feedback is to share hands to the cash game hand analysis or tournament hand analysis forum. Of course its not on the same level as a professional coach, but there are winning players here on CC (including myself), who can help you identify and plug leaks, if you share some of the hands, you are not sure about.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! Well, what do I can to say about this question?!. Unfortunately, or may be by Happiness, I didn't use any Poker coach...
I self searching necessary to me the different materials by Poker, because, I think, personally better know, that need to Me at this moment!
And Further Time Shows!..

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I looked you up on Sharkscope, and at least in tournaments you have almost no experience with under 200 games played on 4 sites, and most of them were freerolls. At this early stage of your development its pointless to hire a coach. Instead you should take advantage of free training material like the CC 30-day course. And then you simply need to practice and build a track record. Deposit $100 on your favourite site, and then start playing either cash games or tournaments (mainly SnGs) using bankroll management. If you are thinking about hiring a coach, you can certainly afford to deposit $100 and get out of the freeroll trap ;)
Thanks for the answer! I didn't know about Sharkscope -- it's a nice tool. I'm not looking to hire a poker coach right now, but I'm trying to think long-term to see what I need to consider if I want to invest more in Poker. I think your other answer (posting the hands in this forum) is a good advice and I think for the moment I will do that. Thank you again!