Joseph Nobbs

Joseph Nobbs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If someone is raising you all the time, what would you do and how would you do it

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually and if I have enough money I just wait for a good hand and try to put them all in. This doesn't work every time but in most of the cases it's a good strategy

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Very often we are faced with fish. Weaker than average hands maybe enough, but I'd rather wait for a better hand.
You can play nicely postflop, depending on the board texture (the passive fish is used to throwing).
If you have a bigger stack, you can safely push it in preflop.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
wait for a good hand after putting everything on the line and making a lot of profit from it

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
REraise... 3 bet... all in...... stops all the confusion.... and let Variance do its thing..." LOL

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if you have small stack - don’t open If not ready go allIn

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Difficult situation. I think the ideal is to wait for a reasonable hand and call.

A

a1232

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I would suggest the following:
  1. Tighten your starting hand range: If your opponent is raising every hand, it is likely that they have a wide range of hands that they are playing. This means that you should be more selective about the hands that you play and only enter the pot with strong hands that have a good chance of winning.
  2. Use position to your advantage: Position is an important factor in poker, as it determines when you have to act in a hand. If you are in a later position, such as the cutoff or the button, you can use this to your advantage by observing how your opponent plays their hands and adjusting your strategy accordingly. For example, if your opponent is raising every hand and you are in the cutoff, you can call their raise with a wider range of hands and see if they continue to bet on the flop.
  3. Consider re-raising: They may be trying to steal the pot from you by making a large bet. In this case, you can re-raise them to show that you have a strong hand and are not afraid to get into a pot with them. This can sometimes discourage your opponent from continuing to raise every hand and force them to adjust their strategy.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A1232 said it all,
Play a tighter range, use position, and reraise when you have something
Patience is key against this kind of player.
I myself may play any 2 cards hoping for a lucky flop and play weak so the aggressor pushes you all in ;)👍

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
no need to do is wait a good hand and raise again or all in

Joseph Nobbs

Joseph Nobbs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A1232 said it all,
Play a tighter range, use position, and reraise when you have something
Patience is key against this kind of player.
I myself may play any 2 cards hoping for a lucky flop and play weak so the aggressor pushes you all in ;)👍
I love you style I play pretty much the same. safe play etc. Try to figure people out gameplay out and how long these people take and try and get l. And I like to mix my play so people can never suss me up.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually try to analyze patterns. Why is he raising when is he raising who is he raising? I try to keep detailed notes on this and figure out the pattern. If I determine it is just a random attempt to steal then I will reraise. Often you can stop someone that is raising your bb or just raising you by simply re-raising them substantially, ie not a min raise. You will find if they fold they will also stop chancing raising you.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tighten my range and bluff raise them when I have good draws/blockers.