XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when blinds are too high
need to consider take a risk to protect your BB.

L

lfabbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more often that you fold to these type of players the more often they will continue to make those plays against you. If you are able to spot that they are doing this each orbit then the sooner you shove on them the better as most of the time they will re adjust for the next orbits and only raise you with a hand that they are willing to get it in with in the hopes that you will make the same move again

some payers are use to pushing in hopes you will fold don't let them get away with it . that is if you have a good hand. AK is a good hand

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are folding hands like AJ in the BB from aggressive BTN or SB openers, this is certainly a leak in your game and you are being exploited.

The good news is, its an easy thing to fix.

With AJ or KQ it would at least be a call, if he was showing a pattern of 5x raises I'd start shoving. When the villain knows that you are going to shove on him you will start getting limps and folds. He's just preying on weaker players as he should.

You have to really take chances in a MTT to finish strong rather than just min cash. Blind vs blind I'd bust out with AJ or KQ and wouldn't think about it twice.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, these hands is possible and to rearrange... With this stack need to attack...

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you will find bullys every game , fight back reraise them ,they will soon fold

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have information about this aggressive player, we must act berezami and ellinami.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the situation like that you have to gmbling but wait for good card then shove..

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself late in tournaments with 25 to 30 bigs and a super aggressive guy/gal to my right with a larger stack making alot of 5x raises blind vs blind.
I end up folding hands like Ajs KQs and medium to small pairs 88 and lower.

When is enough enough?
with starting hand like AJs, and QKs i ll protect my blind try to see the flop, if hit something, we will get paid.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find myself late in tournaments with 25 to 30 bigs and a super aggressive guy/gal to my right with a larger stack making alot of 5x raises blind vs blind.
I end up folding hands like Ajs KQs and medium to small pairs 88 and lower.

When is enough enough?

i personally dont protect blinds per se. Yet this situation not the kq but the aj i probably get over it and put an all in. The king queen i probably call if this has been a regular move see if flop kkq or something really nice lol. Problem is sounds like is a bingo player and might call you with a 72 and hit but those are the lumps. If hes a bad player got notes I might wait on monsters but is also where are we in tournament how much its worth etc.. so many factors:)

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
If you are on the BB , and you have a pair of 88 , and the opponent from button is make a big raise. Since I never fold I just make re-raise or i'm going all in , because a lot of his hands will be a bluf. Sometimes you need to protect your BB with such of hands like AJ 44 88 , because they will steal your blinds always , but is depends of the opponent , and what style he have at the table.
Thanks.

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really depends on MTT or cash format.
Sometimes metagame in cash varies my response to the question. In tournies it can be quite profitable over acting in the blinds with a good hand.

Folding in Poker