Probability maths

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Being able to apply mathematics to poker is the difference between being good at the game and ready to take your game to the next level. The more that you use mathematics in your game, the less that luck is a major factor.

K

kamciono5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly knowing math don't give you any advantage. For example today i made 5 entries to bounty tournament and go all in pre flop (each time was one caller) with hands: AA vs KQ, QQ vs QJ, AQ vs 77, AK vs A10 and KQ vs J10 and all af this hands i lose. If you consider it in math aspect it it almost impossible to lose 5 times in a row with chances which i had each hand, but in poker such a situations happens many times...

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! The math in Poker is need of course, but since any kind of Poker is multi level game,
this means the math is only one from many tools, which need rightly to use, that to be a successful in Poker...:top:
Conclusion: need to work at once consistently and permanently above the all aspects Poker, that constantly up your level Skill!..:cool:

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well of course pot odds are a crucial concept of poker. That said, as someone who studied mechanical engineering, I wouldn't call that math but basic calculation. As I like to jokingly say: Math is with letters, calculation is with numbers.

Pot odds? Hahahha... It's just a jot of poker math, there're lots of mathematical ways that may take you out from a lot of troubles. Everything in poker is math, because that they created the Calculators and every winner player wants to study by them, so the right question is "How to learn to take math-based decisions on poker?".

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what does anyone think on the idea that learning maths itself can improve poker game?
Any opinions? That ever been studied?

Because even there's the random nature in poker, whoever wont to be a profitable player has to take math-based decisions to be as closer as possible from right decisions, that bring to us a great advantage against that players being conducted by the random power of cards.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Honestly knowing math don't give you any advantage. For example today i made 5 entries to bounty tournament and go all in pre flop (each time was one caller) with hands: AA vs KQ, QQ vs QJ, AQ vs 77, AK vs A10 and KQ vs J10 and all af this hands i lose. If you consider it in math aspect it it almost impossible to lose 5 times in a row with chances which i had each hand, but in poker such a situations happens many times...

😂😂😂

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Being able to apply mathematics to poker is the difference between being good at the game and ready to take your game to the next level. The more that you use mathematics in your game, the less that luck is a major factor.

Exactly!:D

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi
Obviously, mathematical knowledge can be used to effectively play poker. But honestly, I always rely more on my intuition. Maybe it is not professional, but no doubt it is fun.

������ I apreciate that! Obviously, playing by intuition is too much more funniest.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't like to calculate often and when you have many tables opened your brain can overheat :) So what we really need in my opinion is a stage 4 of competence - unconscious competence.

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HELLO!

I read a lot about poker math. I think that it is very important. Poker, without luck and chance, not poker, but math is very important !! Now I can count outs and odds, but I strive for knowledge.:deal:

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just simple math. Mastering fast calculations shouldn't be that hard. I don't understand how can people be so lazy..

PavelTimofeev16

PavelTimofeev16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play by intuition, so I lose at the later stages of the tournament.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker-related math is fairly easy and specific. If you have a normal IQ and you practice them on the game you don't need anything else in math!

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Oh yes, you need this, because some winning hands occur at a probability and not at all time, so if you can learn this probability you make your gameplay stronger and then can have more success in your bets

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is all about math. this is one of the main components of poker. you need to know at least the basic concepts for the game. pot odds, number of outs, and so on.

C

carlitosrway

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a math and mind game

I will say its a 50/50 math and mindset, that the very reason the game is so awesome

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, psychology is also very important. if you count well and know what to do but don't do it then nothing good will happen.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first it can be tough to memorize all the odds. Once you get the basic math down and move into implied odds and things like that it becomes a lot easier to navigate. At least thats how it was for me. I am by no means a math wiz but I am quick enough to calculate quickly to make my decisions.