Is pretending you are a dumb player a strategy in poker?

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing badly can be considered by others as a bad bluff. In the long run it will cost you dearly.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It can work in tournaments at the beginning, with aggressive players at the table. Ypu can build that image, then double up with a strong hand.
But after doing this 1-2 times, you should drop it as tournament advances.

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I agree more with you inducing your opponent than you have a pattern mainly in head-up.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it might be considered a ploy, but why would you want to portrait that, i would rather them think i am cunning and a top player.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't know if I fulfill the part of pretending, but with the other thing for sure haha.
Now speaking seriously, I think so, varying the gameplay a little is not bad to have a more complex profile. although I wouldn't give anything away for that purpose either.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it is a strategy
but it can only be used on certain tables and moments of the game
If you use it permanently I think you are a really stupid player

L

larabe1997

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
TN
Chips
yea it's a good idea but in the long run it doesnt make alot of benefits

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I honestly would adopt all possible strategies just to win, even if I didn't agree with it. Lately I've been so unlucky with strategies😃 that I almost always choose the one that doesn't work good.
It's clear I have to study.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything that brings you a plus in poker and doesn’t break the rules of the game - why not use it?
but is this a benefit in the long run?
in any case, taking advantage of your opponents' weaknesses is the game strategy

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
From my point of view there are occasions when this strategy is used but unfortunately looking at it in the long term it is counterproductive since you lose position value since thinking that you are a bad player most of the players will go with bad hands always trying to grab something and most of the time you will be losing with meginal hands having premium hands

P

Provensis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
This was a lot of interesting reading. Nice thread!

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm, you know, this is a good idea, I never did it, but it sounds interesting, but I don’t think it will work if you play with some kind of weak opponent, he will not understand the difference in your game, but it can work with the strong