Awards
GR
Chips
If you open shove in an unopened pot then you can win in two ways:
-everybody folds
-your pocket TT win the flip

If you call an open shove then you have only one way to win:
-your pocket TT win the flip

For me TT is almost always a standard open shove or call hand when I am short stacked unless the opponent is way too tight!

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only with a pair or AK or something otherwise never👌

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
more players means that many of them have good cards, usually over 10, and therefore the beating cards T, T are few

G

geokara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only with a pair and depends on the situation of the game!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never go all in prflop it's big mistake why you can lose with j2. Or q2. Q5 it's funny :)
Saying "never" to anything in poker is generally bad thinking.

Sometimes, all-in preflop is your best option.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a pair of 10, I would like to be called by one opponent. More than one is bad news, and just "stealing" the blinds not enough. I would rather steal blinds with 72 :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10 10 or any pocket shove, ideally, you want to bet it so that weak hands fold, your odds increase, you steal the blinds or win the pot. Getting called on your raise, semi-shove, etc, and losing, is so embarrassing; out-thinking yourself, not just playing.
Usually shove only with premiums, or UTG, small stack.
...Why do you want weak hands fold? By that logic, are you saying you only want better hands to call? How does that increase your odds of winning? Granted, you do want to jam to thin out the field as much as possible as that increases your odds to win, but you're also jamming to extract max value for the hand.

That's in the ideal world. Today, get dealt AA, I shove. Opponent catches his card, makes a set, they win. So much for 80% win probability.
...That's not how probability works.
Above.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hello table mates .... I have a small survey to do. Of having to go all in pre flop with a pair of 10, would you prefer to do it against a single player, two, or simply that everyone fold and steal the blinds? regards:)
Going all in with a pair of 10 depends on the position you are in, since here the lavariansa acts and the more players that go the less chance you have of winning it, it is advisable to go against a player who is driven, who almost always pays the bets with A with any card. there you have 60% of taking your hand now if you find yourself in a bubble the most advisable thing is to try to steal the harvest and with luck you will be paid one with any hand

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello table mates .... I have a small survey to do. Of having to go all in pre flop with a pair of 10, would you prefer to do it against a single player, two, or simply that everyone fold and steal the blinds? regards:)

first this is not enough information to do any type of survey.... 1st rule of tournament poker should be if you never go all in you can not lose!!

Other things are what is most important in a tournament.... where are you in the tournament etc..

most important?? You play the player that part is you would WANT 1 player UNLESS they are a rock and would only go all in with aa kk etc..

next most important would be POSITION.... Next is what is the action up to your move if you have x raising y reraising if you know the players you would probably at times want to fold at others jam cause they loosey goosey etc...

the last thing that matters is really your cards at least to me.... im about player,position,action to that point, then my cards but also the ranges and notes i have on each player etc...

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the table actions, but personally i prefer to play against one player.

G

gersom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to go against everyone and, mainly, for T to enter the FLOP!

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A pair of 10 heads-up will still have a high win rate, but against two players the card power will become weak. I think it would be a good strategy to steal blinds and singles

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dead cash

Hello, the truth is that I prefer to steal the money I die from the table, it is likely to meet some high ace and complicate a situation

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With pocket tens I would prefer to steal the blinds. The more players that call the worse I’d feel about that hand. The best you could hope is a flip against something like AK,AQ etc. If they have a higher pair you’re in trouble.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dozens have on statistics 50% against any 2 cards - so against stealing from a loose player is easy raised all inn (since we are ahead of his range of styles) But against a tight player if you have a short stack, I would have to choose between the call and even a fold!

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I don't go all in with pocket 10s unless I am super short stacked or I am trying to kick out a bubble player when I am a chip leader.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket 10's are a mediocre hand. I wouldn't recommend going all it against two players. In most cases if you aren't behind preflop you will be on the flop if you don't hit a set.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would not vlqzul all in sre6ty 3 4 people would almost expel me as a bite 2/3 of the stack if you have one that steals the pot and if any keystrokes all in the flop are independent of the doly cards :)