Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello table mates .... I have a small survey to do. Of having to go all in pre flop with a pair of 10, would you prefer to do it against a single player, two, or simply that everyone fold and steal the blinds? regards:)

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all you never have to go all in pre. There are only situations that call for this but usually I would try to avoid especially vs 2 or more.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello table mates .... I have a small survey to do. Of having to go all in pre flop with a pair of 10, would you prefer to do it against a single player, two, or simply that everyone fold and steal the blinds? regards:)

Well since your not asking if we would go all in preflop with pocket 10's but instead are simply asking if we did what would we prefer. I would always rather have everyone fold and steal the blinds with pocket 10's but of course that's with the limited information provided on the situation.

So Vote me: Steal the blinds.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If my stack is in a crash state and it makes no sense to call, I go All-in, if the stack allows me to raise. A pair of 10 is just one pair, and also not too big. Good luck in the game. Best regards, Sergey.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want everyone to go all-in. I won with four of a kind

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideally it's not best to go all-in with 10s unless you're the short stack at the table and trying to make a move. Especially if you're early in the hand with many people in front of you to act or playing in a lower stakes/freeroll situation, there's a lot of hands people may have that are equal or better than yours. If I did go all-in, I'd rather go against one person only.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It very much depends on the situation. If you are with 15 big blinds or less left going all in with TT is absolutely ok. And best result would be to either play against only one player or everybody folds so that you get the blinds.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi guys. Pre-flop all in, it depends on your position and the players you have ahead of you. however when my stack is low 5 bb. Pre-flop all in, with certainty.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on my stack and proximity to the prize places. With an average stack, it is better to use raises and not go all-in. With a small stack, you are forced to throw any number of players into the all-in game. It may not be possible to wait for the best card.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop all-in with a pair of 10 10 from the middle position, the later the better. How many players will remain in the game is a matter of chance.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have some good books, I always give up. No matter the position.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on the situation.

For example, if I had only 3 bbs, I'd jam and want as many calls as possible. It lowers my chances of winning but, if i win, I pick up a nice pot. Potentially 18+ bbs with 6 callers. That puts me in a much better spot than if I only pick up the blinds, so the risk vs reward is worth it. Plus, with 3 bbs, I'm jamming a lot worse.

On the opposite end, if I'm getting it in pre with 25 bbs pre, I don't want multiple callers. The risk vs reward isnt the same.

I'm never excited about just picking up blinds.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It of course depends on how many blinds you have, the situation at the table, and how many people have raised, three-bet, and shoved to your right.

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never go all in prflop it's big mistake why you can lose with j2. Or q2. Q5 it's funny :)

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a big fan of all-in pre-flop with anything. We just don't know enough information about our opponents. Not to mention we only know 2 of the 7 cards (28%) we will be seeing. When the flop comes AK9, we will be very glad we didn't shove TT. When the flop comes 973, we are happy to be in the hand with TT and we only need 2 more cards to cooperate, rather than hoping 5 cards would cooperate.

If I am very short stacked, I would likely shove with this. But when short stacked, we aren't really playing poker anymore, we are just hoping to win a hand.

Might be more willing to shove in a cash game than in a tournament. equity is the same, but downside risk is not.

Godd luck

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go all in only if I am short staked and near the final table.
In your situation I prefer just call.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My preference would be just to steal blinds and antes with pocket tens.

My experience is try to avoid all-in because I always lose in the critical big pot or the survival races.

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
After reading all the answers, I don't want to be repetitive, but it is clear that everything will depend on the situation:
- Position on the table
- If one or two players have previously made a bet, you should be careful.
- Your chip stack size in BB. (if you have 50BB you don't want to go all in with TT)
- If you are on the button with few BBs, it may be profitable to go all in to steal the blinds and the ante, if there is an ante at that stage of the tournament.
I will not go much further, I hope I have helped.

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading all the answers, I don't want to be repetitive, but it is clear that everything will depend on the situation:
- Position on the table
- If one or two players have previously made a bet, you should be careful.
- Your chip stack size in BB. (if you have 50BB you don't want to go all in with TT)
- If you are on the button with few BBs, it may be profitable to go all in to steal the blinds and the ante, if there is an ante at that stage of the tournament.
I will not go much further, I hope I have helped.

This is correct. There is so much free good training on the world wide web to help you navigate this. I suggest Jonathan Little.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would only go all in preflop if I'm short stack and got less than a couple of blinds. Besides, pocket 10s is not a bad hand in that situation against two or three players.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go for the steal, without getting thrown out..

10 10 or any pocket shove, ideally, you want to bet it so that weak hands fold, your odds increase, you steal the blinds or win the pot. Getting called on your raise, semi-shove, etc, and losing, is so embarrassing; out-thinking yourself, not just playing.
Usually shove only with premiums, or UTG, small stack.

That's in the ideal world. Today, get dealt AA, I shove. Opponent catches his card, makes a set, they win. So much for 80% win probability.

24hrrad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not My Favorite Pair

The whole point of going all is to either claim/steal the blind or whittle down the field, so a single player or 2 players are best.

Personally, I would make this move against weaker players; as a stronger player with a large stack would probably call with a pair and a 1 in 7.5 shot at a set

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depend on situation,if you are in good position why to throw away your hard work.
But if you don't have a chips then i guss you must try.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only win 1 in 10 times when I go all-in preflop. even with max hands and against a single opponent. the variance has not given me a gift for several months. this is why I favor the game of reduced variance especially at the start of the game. personally against more than two opponents. I prefer to see the flop and try to find my set without having to throw an all-in preflop.