Pre-flop all-ins? Is it good or not ;)

W

wwwb66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All-in pre-flop, does that make sense? If you have good hands, you shouldn't scare your rivals. Then they fold a lot and you don't win anything. What - in your opinion - is the point of such playing?

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have AA, I prefer to go all-in preflop, as it's better to scare the curious with low cards than to have a nasty surprise on the river and lose to a weak hand. Disappointing!

skaniol

skaniol

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
If you are low on chips, you can't play properly post-flop. The best move is a pre-flop all-in with your strong hands.

All-in with a big stack pre-flop could be a good move too. You can do that when you don't have a great hand, but you expect everyone to fold (blinds+antes stealing). This is a rather bad move when there are other big stacks left to act, though. If you have a great pre-flop hand, the big stack all-in could be a valid move when there are hero bluff-catchers around.

In the beginning of tournaments, when the blinds are very small, the pre-flop all-in tends to be a big waste, unless there are many chips in the pot due to high betting activity.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This idea can be useful in a tournament. For example, when the first time you bet pre-flop all-in with aces, and then aces come again, you bet pre-flop all-in again, then the second time your opponents can answer the allin.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It depends a lot on the moment of the game, your stak of chips and others, as I tell you, it goes in the circumstances of the game

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All-in pre-flop, does that make sense? If you have good hands, you shouldn't scare your rivals. Then they fold a lot and you don't win anything. What - in your opinion - is the point of such playing?

I agree a lot, but if I'm short stack, like 15 less BB's, I think its ok to shove pre-flop with some hands.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have AA, I prefer to go all-in preflop, as it's better to scare the curious with low cards than to have a nasty surprise on the river and lose to a weak hand. Disappointing!

Agree

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These questions are always complicated to get a single answer.
The action depends on a series of factors

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short Stack, yes I often would go all in with AA, but obviously not just with aces. With deep stacks, no I don't go all in with AA much as it is pretty transparent that you probably have a very good hand.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

with AA or KK i think the only play is all in always

rgds

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

with AA or KK i think the only play is all in always

rgds
I totally disagree with you. Your goal in poker is not to win as many hands as you can it is to win as many chips as you can.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any move should have +equity, going all in on the preflop means either a desire to double, or a desire to win the blinds, good or bad depends only on the goal you are pursuing and whether you managed to realize it.:)