Poker profitable? Or not?

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study a lot, play a lot, review session a lot. Only then can you start thinking about profittability.
Debugging is a very important part of our game development, as it helps to recognize the situations in which we made a bad decision.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Postflop is completely irrelevant as long as i made the correct preflop decision i'm happy.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Football is feverish in the world.Less time is spent on poker.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Is it possible? Yes. / Is it easy? Really not.
I have heard in some place that poker is the harder way to make easy money. Poker has not its results exactly and when cards are on accord with you and you fail, you lost a 'boat' that for beginners late to return. When we try to reach the next level our knowledge ever increases but cards oscilllate, our mind oscillate and we win when everything is up. I see people loosing money (me too) for guessing poker more simple than it actually is.

Unfortunately, I have not really profitable. I usually paid 50 usd. but I'm losing end of the month. It was bigger prize you? If so write about it. Good luck for everyone;)

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though poker and is examined and decomposed into rules far and wide, still it is more similar to roulette!

After all, even AA-wins only 4 times out of 5!

And you can only consider it as earnings if you are ready to invest money in it, as in a high-risk investment.

And time for training, practice and skill, you need to devote to poker very, very much!!!

Therefore, it is much easier and cheaper to treat poker as a hobby, which sometimes brings some income.

As they say - a trifle, but nice!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
LenilsonF7

LenilsonF7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend kucu2014, we have to take into consideration that in all sports there is this: "Many will only be one who gives up and others who knew how to give him the bad moments".

Poker as well we know is a sport of the mind, many give up, but with perfectness those who persist will achieve, of course it will not be overnight.

Discipline is fundamental in studies and practice to be profitable, but before we think only of money, we have to love Poker, otherwise it will not be possible.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have announced a new week-long tournament series starting this Sunday, June 24 and offering big prizes with buy-ins only ranging from $0.01 to $0.99.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a hobby, it can be a great learning experience......

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the majority of poker players are not winning players, it's very hard to get to that level where you consistently win.

I know for me the hardest thing to control are bad beats after working extremely hard to do well, it can all become unsettled literally in one to three hands of bad decisions.

And don't get me started on how crazy I get when big stack pushes me from SB with J-2f crap and knocks me out from a tourney.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of my career my goal was to reach the $ 7 limit in a few years I was shocked that I was almost the same where I started

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made $100,000 last year from Poker. Problem was I spent $102,000! Lol
My new rule is no cash play. Only tournaments this year!

S

StatusOmega525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill be honest, I joined the forum because I wanted to try to bring my game up to a level where I could potentially make a living off it. I am here to make money. And yes, I am just now taking my very, VERY first steps on that journey. But while I am aiming for money, I chose the path of poker because I do love it. Even if I get 6 months down the line and realize I'm never going to have a snowballs chance in hell of making a living out of this, I am absolutely still going to play. No, I don't think it will be easy, and I already know that I have literally YEARS to go before i'll even be in a position to make that transition, but I do have to believe that it is possible to be profitable. There is a lot to beat. Rake. Taxes. Probably more Taxes. Loss of benefits from not holding a common job. No one above you to push you to it. Freedom. *Yes, freedom is a massive benefit, but if you don't have discipline freedom can also lead you astray* I would think, though, that you can be as profitable as you are capable of being, and putting in the work and the blood and the sweat and the tears will certainly make it more possible. There are people now who live very comfortable lives by way of poker, and if you put everything you have into improving, and never stop trying to improve, I cant really say I see a reason why you couldn't either.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
100% profitable if you playing only on freerolls starting with no deposit...But seriously if you don't have a goal on poker dont know how to manage of a bankroll it's not .

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yes,but big victotry is pure luck.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that I've been relieved of a lot of my time, I'm going to start with the big plans for the rest of the year. The planned monthly hand number will be 30-40k, as I'm still not able to spin on the job again.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I guess it was not the focus on poker for events. I did not write a May summary, but overall I still did not play the game as I expected

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the trick to making money at any game is to play against opponents that are worse than you are--your skill level isnt as important as your skill level relative to your opponents

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I look at several things in the compilation of my strategy, not just the line EV, but also the line time and the mental energy to be invested. For example, if I have to check more streets then I will play very long parties and the total number of playoffs will remain low, so if you are a non-adaptive player, I may often choose a bit lower, but say 2x faster EV, or perhaps what is more annoying to play if you play with tilting players.

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the long run maybe. And also a proper bankroll. I want to learned how to manage my bankroll. Because I make good money sometimes but I want to jump to higher stakes to win more bigger. But I loss everytime...

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is certainly profitable if you belong to the group of the best players who have come to perfection over the years. Learning and experience are the key to a profitable game.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In an exclusive video produced for PokerStrategy.com, the Grand Master himself now bestows upon us another 60 minutes oozing with world-class poker knowledge.The focus of the video is solely on the early stage of tournaments in which, when it comes to success or failure at the tournament tables, much more is at stake than most players think. After all, only a good early game will get you in a promising spot for the decisive mid and end stages of an event.

Haymore277

Haymore277

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only profitable for someone that has a great skill and as well luck..

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Professional poker generates a good profit, for beginners to earn and lose little money and normal, in the future if you believe that you can have a good return, you must invest heavily.