poker aptitude tests

K

kevsterf65

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering what people think about if poker sites had private sections that had members who have passed a poker aptitude test to be able to enter and play in. Of course the test would have a multitude of random questions that would have to be answered in a certain time frame to eliminate the use of the web to look up the answers as well as to eliminate the idea that a person would be able to see the exact same questions, remember them and eventually get the right answer and join. I just think not only will it help alleviate total donk play it would maybe get people to try and learn more about poker itself.just a thought.:)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
But why wouldn't you want the donks at your table to be able to eventually outride their luck and then take all their money? I think it's a horrible idea...no offense.

DestroyHands

DestroyHands

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HaHa!! Yes

:D Yes i think that would eliminate some braindead donks that wanna just come in a room or at a table and hope for luck without any skill whatsoever lol!!:D Great idea!!:cool:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
judging by this topic, you would fail such an aptitude test seeing as you don't appear to understand that having donks at the tables is a good thing.

DestroyHands

DestroyHands

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You're dead wrong

:mad: Okay I bet you're one of the donks that has set at my table and drawed out on bs off suits low hands to my monsters and replied that it was just shit luck and thats the name of the game:mad: , get outta here!! I don't want donks anywhere in Poker until they learn how to play,because if they live their life on luck like they do in poker they'll be one dead idiot, just like in the game its all full circle guy so don't tell me about its great to have donks at a table until you play at my stakes in ring games loser:mad:

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
:mad: Okay I bet you're one of the donks that has set at my table and drawed out on bs off suits low hands to my monsters and replied that it was just shit luck and thats the name of the game:mad: , get outta here!! I don't want donks anywhere in Poker until they learn how to play,because if they live their life on luck like they do in poker they'll be one dead idiot, just like in the game its all full circle guy so don't tell me about its great to have donks at a table until you play at my stakes in ring games loser:mad:
And what stakes would those be? :) And you basically contradict yourself in your post (see bold). Anyway, all I can say now is...lol. :p

DestroyHands

DestroyHands

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not Really!

:cool: Their big enough stakes i can tell ya that, but besides that you said i contradicted myself, i don't think so!:cool: I clearly said that the donk players that get lucky on draw outs and ect. are not wanted by me at a table, and i said that if they lived life on the same level as they play Poker they would be dead idiots, and sure they win some but they lose bigger and quicker then players that truly know the game, you can adlib all you want but it comes full circle in the end because luck should never be part of any one's strategy because its just their and can't be relied on!!:D and i don't want to play with players like that i.e(MANIAC RAISERS AND CALLERS, LIMPERS) and thats their only game:D ,Hey if you want to call and raise anything just to catch then your% is way down of winning compared to mine:D Good luck to you, HOPE TO SEE YOU AT A TABLE!!:D

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Everything you just said is exactly why you want the donks at your table!!! I don't understand what is hard to grasp there. Yes, sometimes they get lucky, and you suffer a bad-beat, but like you said, that luck runs out. It's perservering through the bad beats and playing smart poker that will eventually take all the donks money. So, if you don't mind, send your donks over to my table please. I could use the $$. :D

thwizzofoz

thwizzofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:D Yes i think that would eliminate some braindead donks that wanna just come in a room or at a table and hope for luck without any skill whatsoever lol!!:D Great idea!!:cool:

If you eliminate braindead donks from playing, where would I play? :eek:

K

kevsterf65

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All im saying is this ,of course u want 1 or two fish at your table at the most, but theres nothing worse than a complete table of them which i run into alot. Its nearly impossible to beat luck and u r up against a heap full of luck playing against a table full of fish and at a cash table yes u can leave but in tourney play u cant do that. Just saying i would rather play against a table full of semi skilled players than a bunch of fish who go on draws, hunches and the likes.and no offense takem miss moderator ;)

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow

dumbest thing I have ever read...-rep

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: Their big enough stakes i can tell ya that, but besides that you said i contradicted myself, i don't think so!:cool: I clearly said that the donk players that get lucky on draw outs and ect. are not wanted by me at a table, and i said that if they lived life on the same level as they play Poker they would be dead idiots, and sure they win some but they lose bigger and quicker then players that truly know the game, you can adlib all you want but it comes full circle in the end because luck should never be part of any one's strategy because its just their and can't be relied on!!:D and i don't want to play with players like that i.e(MANIAC RAISERS AND CALLERS, LIMPERS) and thats their only game:D ,Hey if you want to call and raise anything just to catch then your% is way down of winning compared to mine:D Good luck to you, HOPE TO SEE YOU AT A TABLE!!:D

ok this is tied for dumbest thing I have ever read!!!!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

ahahahahhahahahahahaha

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no i dont want donks at my table i want to play 8 doyal brunsoons every day because he can play pokers good

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All im saying is this ,of course u want 1 or two fish at your table at the most, but theres nothing worse than a complete table of them which i run into alot.

I would love to run into a table of all complete donks. Please tell me where you find these. My guess is that you are not patient enough if donks are lucking out on you. Wait til you really have them crushed then make them pay.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
must be new

If you're calling these guys losers, you obviously haven't been read many posts here.
As for stakes......$5 sit n goes at pokerstars?
(see thread "experts at PS" started today)

DestroyHands

DestroyHands

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
don't ever comment to my posts, especially if you're dumb!!

:mad: You're complete garbage, please don't ever be at a table with me, i have no use for players like you!!! Its the dumbest thing you ever read because you are a dumb person! Losers everywhere!!

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:mad: You're complete garbage, please don't ever be at a table with me, i have no use for players like you!!! Its the dumbest thing you ever read because you are a dumb person! Losers everywhere!!

Dude, seriously, you need to chill. Your name calling is getting out of hand. Everyone likes a good debate on the various topics here, but keep it civil. k thx.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

man we need to let me -rep more often, might have to go spread around some more rep so I can -rep this donk some more.

I would absolutely love to sit with you anywhere and at any stakes, the style I play would absolutely crush you. The way you think is absolutely terrible and maybe that is why you seem to be losing against what you call bad players. Maybe its not the players that are that bad but the fact that they have totally figured you out and are outplaying you.

Seriously do you read what you write before you click the submit button, reread it. I want to sit with better players instead of bad ones, otherwards you either want to just spread money back and forth and create rake for the site. Good players usually never take money from eachother and just take it from the weak players. If for the rest of your life if you only sat with good players you would never win money....ever.

its funny how your introduction post went from hi cant wait to talk to you good players like myself, to now you all suck and are donkeys. You really don't know the level of players here yet because you haven't been here long enough. All you know is we dont agree with your logic so that makes you mad, and just like normal people when someone dont agree you go on the offensive and name call to try to make up for the obvious incorrect statements you have made. Here is suggestion, say maybe you guys have a point and try to save some face and build a decent rep on what is actully a terrific forum with alot of solid players on it.

there are actually players on this forum I would leave the table if the table only consisted of us, If I had to sit at a 6 max table with just the forum players I would see no point in it besides just for fun. There is no way I would sit at a CardsChat forum table to make money because honestly I dont think that is a profitable or +ev situation to be in.

Last edited:
jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sounds like no BR management skills so when he loses he loses everything and is pissed. Still super dumb though - rep

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let up on him guys; he's either got a serious anger problem or he's a 14 year old. Maybe both.

DestroyHands

DestroyHands

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it

Guy who are you for real!!, you act as if you're some supreme pro or something, first off i wasn't directing nothing to you and you made dirty comments to me, so don't get it twisted okay. And I stand by what I said before, and beleive me you're game would never and could never crush me dude, If you want we can broadcast lifetime winnings if its that serious, I mean i made a comment in response to an aptitude posts and here you and this other freak come giving me grief, and yes you are a loser because if we did compare winnings you would come out looking like a slouch, dude i've cashed numerous amounts locally and online so why don't you slow your tough talk until you know who you're talkin to alright,I swear all you espn watching players watch pros play and then want to try and act like you're one of them, get a grip and save that talk for someone that gives a damn because I don't,:mad: Like I said if you want to compare winnings and look like a fool against mine then we can do so, but until then shut up and get better, because i've read your threads.....YOU'Re NOT THAT AWSOME:D

DestroyHands

DestroyHands

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol!! you're calling me 14 and you're 7 years beneath me!!!

:D HAHA!!! hey little man you're calling me 14 and you not even old enough to drink, c'mon dude you're just outta high school and 7 years my younger, stay in a childs place LOL!!!:D
Let up on him guys; he's either got a serious anger problem or he's a 14 year old. Maybe both.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

Guy who are you for real!!, you act as if you're some supreme pro or something, first off i wasn't directing nothing to you and you made dirty comments to me, so don't get it twisted okay. And I stand by what I said before, and believe me you're game would never and could never crush me dude, If you want we can broadcast lifetime winnings if its that serious, I mean i made a comment in response to an aptitude posts and here you and this other freak come giving me grief, and yes you are a loser because if we did compare winnings you would come out looking like a slouch, dude I've cashed numerous amounts locally and online so why don't you slow your tough talk until you know who you're talking to alright,I swear all you espn watching players watch pros play and then want to try and act like you're one of them get a grip and save that talk for someone that gives a dam because I don't,:mad: Like I said if you want to compare winnings and look like a fool against mine then we can do so, but until then shut up and get better, because I've read your threads.....YOU'Re NOT THAT AWESOME:D

thats like saying lets whip out our #%*$( and see who's is bigger.

honestly sir I could care less how much you have made, hell Chris Moneymaker made millions and he himself will tell you he wasnt that good when he won it.

As for me thinking im better then anyone I seriously doubt you will find a single thread where I claim to be better then anyone else. BUT I do have enough common sense to know that sitting with bad players is better then sitting with good players.

actually I'm willing to bet you have made more money then because I have this thing called a family that comes 1st in every single way and they take time away from poker which is fine by me. My son has karate 2 days a week and soccer 2 days a week and my wife is pregnant and I work a full time job i love. So as you see I dont have tons of time for poker which I consider a hobby and not a job.

I have alot of knowledge because I do study the game but I rarely watch ESPN because they edit alot and you don't get to see all the key hands just the action ones. I do watch HSP though.

going to do you favor and edit your post so you don't look dumb. Much better! That was a joke by the way no reason to go off on tirade again.

Last edited: