Chips
standard raise, what else? :D

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the rockets i almost always put all.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
small to medium raise with hope that someone is going to re-raise and then all-in.
no slow playing

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you put in a standard raise. Even if everyone folds it's better to win a little than lose big to a big blind special. Never limp in late position.

T

thewhalehunter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I would say that with some time at the table, you should have at least a few reads about how the players ahead of you will react.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make a standard raise.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pretend a regular blinds steal attempt with 3 or 3.5 BB. In hopes to be re-raised. If opponent raises as hoped, I just call and slowplay then. Usually he throws some chips in flop, because he re-raised pre-flop. I act then depending on the situation.

1noname1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was convinced that pocket AA preflop should be played aggressively, and further on the situation.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pretend a regular blinds steal attempt with 3 or 3.5 BB. In hopes to be re-raised. If opponent raises as hoped, I just call and slowplay then. Usually he throws some chips in flop, because he re-raised pre-flop. I act then depending on the situation.

That's a pretty big sizing for a standard steal attempt tho, 2.2-2.5 BB often does the same work right.

And to OP, for now I'd suggest just making a normal sized raise. I don't necessarily think you always have to raise with the same size, as long as you make sure that your range is balanced with those sizes. Easiest way to do that tho is by using the same size from that position.

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
put in a pot size bet, and hope you get raised. make sure to see the flop with only one caller

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to determine what is best for you. You can try and slow play the aces in hopes of a bigger payout. Unfortunately this is how you get your aces cracked. You could also play them aggressively, but often you will end up getting paid off very seldom. Its best to mix up your game, but usually you want to play based off the people at your table. If other players have a high VPIP but a lower PFR, you want to add value to the pot with at least a small to medium sized bet. If they have a high PFR, then it would make sense to check it to them in hopes of getting raised. You can either then immediately reraise or hold off until the flop in hopes they c-bet. Usually by the time they cbet you can go ahead and reraise. If there is no cbet, depending on the flop you might want to go ahead and raise. Usually AA will still be the best hand post flop, but chances greatly diminish on the turn and river. You want to make sure there's action before it gets to that point.

C

CuddlyBobcat30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation have happen to me a couple of times and I don't know what should I do. What do you do if you have pocket aces in cut-off and the other players before you folded?

What I do when I get aces/kings/AK in the cutoff, hijack, or button and get folded to is open with a bet the same as I would with any other hand within my range in this position... I’d be betting 3x with roughly AJo+ or 55+ (depending on the table dynamics)
Now if the players left to act have been calling a lot of my raises I might go 4x or possibly even 5x if I feel that they’re still capable of calling given their tendencies.