Pocket Aces AA?

F

Flsnookman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mike Caro on his fb page had a cool tip, if the aces are the same color slow play if not go aggro preflop. This way its harder to put you on AA. Good luck.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mike Caro on his fb page had a cool tip, if the aces are the same color slow play if not go aggro preflop. This way its harder to put you on AA. Good luck.

So basically he is saying to mix it up.

I don't think there are very many circumstances where slow-playing A-A is a good idea (to spite what the mad genius has to say).

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've been sucked out on so many times with AA when I try to slowplay it that if I'm not going to raise I'll just fold it. The more cards on the board without you connecting, the weaker this hand gets. I would rather pick up the blinds and antes than bust out with AA, which is easy to do.

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is my faavorite Hand to play . I dont mind loosing with it :)
When i see these as my pocket cards , I feel so amazing . Feels soo good to have aces :D
I think the strongest starting hand ace king. Because two aces in my case lose regularly (20% wins, personally for me). So I put all-in to take the pot. I always play very softly, so opponents fold, but if I ever meet someone at an advantage. Forgot to say, I love to play in multi-table tournaments, and it suits me.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the strongest starting hand ace king. Because two aces in my case lose regularly (20% wins, personally for me). So I put all-in to take the pot. I always play very softly, so opponents fold, but if I ever meet someone at an advantage. Forgot to say, I love to play in multi-table tournaments, and it suits me.

Your favorite starting hand SHOULD be AA. If AA ran into your idea of "the best starting hand" u r extremely dominated. AA is the best starting hand... It probably just feels like u only win 20% of the time with them... It's easy to remember the times they were cracked... But please remember all the times they held up... Also when u have AA... Your goal shouldn't be taking down the blinds dude

S

Stowie101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been burned many times as well by limping with AA in early position. Limping/slow playing never seems to work out. Just make a big raise preflop and hope someone else has a monster and re-raises you. Better to win a small pot then lose a huge pot.

K

kmichaels

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never slowplay with AA...make them pay to see the flop... otherwise you will get problems lot of times... Better have no action than lose to mediocre hands

P

pocketacesa1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're an extremely tight player, then most people will know to fold to your raise. You have to disguise it.

Juanes1913

Juanes1913

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually never slow play aa unless i got a player who loves to call my bets, otherwise i will bet very big with it and hope i get shoves, people don't flat call very big bets they go all in so that's kind of what my hope is when i get aa, if i don't and they fold well i chalk up the win and am not complaining about not getting action!

I agree with you
I never slow play pocket Aces that is a bad idea